• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

More like what did I do to my models today 😪

Went to the local club, first the jumpshot SCT, clipped the side of the track and now the servo saver is slipping

On to the crawler course with the coyote, ripped a front tyre then the rear propshaft fell to bits 😪

Onto the old faithfull mauler, wheel bearing collapsed and a front stub axle stripped it's thread 

Got out the backup outback 2, with newly fitted esc, tx ,rx worked perfectly at home 3 days ago , fitted a battery to it,and nothing

So now it's a case of what am I going to do to my models tomorrow, lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Good job I enjoy working on them, just means the grass won't be getting cut

tomorrow, should have all the bits I need in stock 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Done a bit today this morning I started soldering the lights only to have the 3d printed light buckets I brought wouldn’t fit with the roll cage on the TRX4 🙄 so just drilled 3/5mm holes in the original light bit things still need to make a couple more lights up but things started to go south so stop that cut out the f100 body for the stampede then this evening started building the clodbuster 

Well i crashed my Blackout today, had just got done with the run in on the new engine and took it for a blast and hit a railway sleeper, it shot it in the air and it landed upsides down and cracked the shell and broke the body mount, kept on going and noticed it was down on a front corner and the wheel was hanging off, so that put an end to it, got home and then noticed the tuned pipe mounting snapped off the exhaust too, so out with the welder and thats now as strong as new again, i cant say as good as new as my mig is a gasless type so doesnt give such a neat weld but its fixed, repaired the shell with superglue just to hold it in place then plastic welded it and put hot glue on the inside so that will hopefully live another few outings and did a strip down to find that the front arm hinge pin holder on 1 side was bent and the other holder was snapped, thought i was going to have to order replacement’s from abroad but was very surprised modelsport had them in stock! The body mount i just epoxy resined back together again but that probably wont last long. The most surprising bit was the railway sleeper moved about a foot forward and them things are well heavy!

IMG_1963.jpeg

IMG_1968.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 28/05/2023 at 19:13, Stormbringer said:

My sons on at me to do a rockery as well :rofl:

Do it. I just extended mine and planted it up more. It's actually a great habitat, bees and butterflies all over the small creeping thyme I planted it up with.

Also put alpines in it to bring some more colours.

• Like 1

Had a day of 2 extremes with the RC’s 

on the good side painted the TRX4 body this morning finally 😆

now on to the thing I can’t believe happened wish I had it on video to prove it anyway took the TRX4 for a walk up on a cliff lovely walk it was to all the battery’s had gone flat so was taking the battery out to pack it all up and go home while I was putting the battery away in the back pack the body was off and being it’s pretty windy and being on top the the cliff on the footpath the wind picked and picked the whole body off the ground and like a kite it went over the cliff and landed on the rocks at the bottom so the sea has claimed my purple TRX4 body 😢

still can’t stop laughing and raging at the same time 🤣😤🤬

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Ragged nearly 2 full packs through the USA-1 at the beach, love that thing!! Came away unscathed and after a hose down I sat a fixed my mod Clod after I tore up the front upper 4link mount some weeks ago.
All in a good RC day, a good bash and more running now than when I got outa bed👍

• Like 2

Finished the wiring, made and added window nets to hide the mess and added some fake exhausts.  Filled front diff with some 10k (yes it has an open dif from an EXO .. this thing is weird).  Then bashed it around garden and got it all covered in dust.  Pretty happy now it's done, need to take it on some trails when not full of cold.

tuberdone.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

now on to the thing I can’t believe happened wish I had it on video to prove it anyway took the TRX4 for a walk up on a cliff lovely walk it was to all the battery’s had gone flat so was taking the battery out to pack it all up and go home while I was putting the battery away in the back pack the body was off and being it’s pretty windy and being on top the the cliff on the footpath the wind picked and picked the whole body off the ground and like a kite it went over the cliff and landed on the rocks at the bottom so the sea has claimed my purple TRX4 body 😢

Ouch mate so what body you going to replace it with ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Ouch mate so what body you going to replace it with ?

It was the original purple one that’s sleeping with the fishes 🤣 so the recovery themed one will take its place starting putting the bits and bobs on the new shell now so it’s nearly done but you best believe I’ll make sure to put the body somewhere safe when I’m out and about with it 🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Im sorry…but im laughing my butt off over here! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, totlxtc said:

Im sorry…but im laughing my butt off over here! 🤣🤣🤣

I really wish I had it on camera 😆 

I must be up there on the list of the unlucky RC owners surely 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Stormbringer said:

Is this the recovery themed body ?

Looking great tho :good:

It was going to be yes but had a change of plans on that