• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

@J.K Thanks. All good here, hope you and yours are all doing well. Looking forward to getting back up the track - you better dust off your Kraton, I've got a Corally Dementor now 😁 - and I'm definitely up for some boating 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jens said:

It's the original Traxxas temp sensor. It comes with a thermal pad and a special holder to wrap around the motor.

And the cable goes straight into the telemetry plug of the receiver.

I think the heat sink and the fans will be better than before.

And there is always air flowing inside when speeding. And mud... And water...

I think the defined temperature threshold is just unusually low. 70°C for the motor. 80° for the ESC.

For my Hobbywing Max 10 Combo it's 105°C.

Perhaps the windings for that motor are insulated with candle wax...

21 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

13 minutes ago, Redback said:

wow she gooes! hope you got a big stack of spares 😉 what motor/esc and battery power you running?

IMG_20210225_101329.thumb.jpg.1cbc8524853a8808bfeef2dac0fc87db.jpg
you vs the man she tells you not to worry about, max 6 is mahousive! would tear the poor hyper 7 to shreds.

Running a Hobbywing Quicrun 150a esc with Skyrc Toro X8 motor (2200kv I think?) on 5s. Just a few little tweeks to make them I'll be getting her out for a proper beating!!

Gave the Felony a quick run in the street and noticed it needs a lot thicker oil in the shocks as well as stiffer springs. I think its pretty much perfect for the really cold weather but it will want stiffening up a fair amount when we get some warm weather. At the moment it wants to plant its nose into the ground every time I hit the brakes and the amount of body roll is pretty extreme as well. 

1 hour ago, DAL3D said:

Had the Sentock trying to get off with the GraniteIMG20210225164721.thumb.jpg.6ed94e0b316bd9a3e9ef3387a4fa648e.jpg

Good bash about the next door fallow field in the fading light with dog chasing;

IMG20210225164216.thumb.jpg.9d4bf0b8a608c20b38665332ed0813d7.jpg

Extreme vented a tyre!

IMG20210225170624.thumb.jpg.b9b998d5e2f77eea0f1bd14b691ff52c.jpg

At least you don’t have to worry about trapped water any more..

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MrPeaski said:

Nothing to the actual car, but I have a Fastrax 'multi bit' tool kit that has a case that I hate. PITA to get the bits back in once they're out so........

I printed a new one!

spacer.png

The sponge stops the bits falling out when the lid is closed

Like this, I have the same set and as you say, a real pain to get them all back in to the elastic straps!👍👍

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CarlC said:

Detailed the hull on the boat with a white pinstripe, added a windlass, nav lights and a life ring, other than a maiden voyage I think she's done.

b16.thumb.jpg.76cf33c9121be90493f64a98d098a383.jpg 

Looks really good👍, any plans to add any big guns?😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1