• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 minute ago, locky said:

Ahh you're right, so I wonder why they called it the BLX100... They already had the BLX120 from the earlier 3s range.

It's odd indeed, they 'designed' a new ESC, to be worse than the one they already had, renamed it, so went to the effort of all new graphics for it.

My mind is boggled.

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

But with these plugs you can't do it wrong anyway.

Plus, if you did the polarity backwards and it blew, the ESC would just be dead, it wouldn't run for 30-90 seconds then stop.

So I think they should check each case individually.

And to add, why make an ESC that can't use an adapter anyway?

Some of the lads on the Arrma group have said it's bull and they run adapters, clearly the ESC is faulty.

I think HW stuff has polarity reverse protection built in though.

I was only talking about plug changing, not your specific fault. They're wriggling out of their responsibility, clear and simple. 

We're straying too far off topic, but I thought most of the ESCs were from ZTW, who will make whatever ESC you spec? No? Pretty sure someone said Hobbywing don't make them at all? Would love to know the full facts. 

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

We're straying too far off topic, but I thought most of the ESCs were from ZTW, who will make whatever ESC you spec? No? Pretty sure someone said Hobbywing don't make them at all? Would love to know the full facts. 

I would love to know as well, because if it's a rebranded ZTW then I might be able to reach out to them.

2 hours ago, dabollicks said:

Pretty sure my centre diff isn’t supposed to  look like this

0FD462AF-56FD-47B3-9ECC-FC1268C75142.thumb.jpeg.cdae931b4de40ad6b1f0599bbb99416c.jpeg

Wow, is that out of your Dementor? Had you filled it with oil or were you running it on the factory grease? I'd email their support people about that, looks like it overheated.

5 hours ago, CarlC said:

Wow, is that out of your Dementor? Had you filled it with oil or were you running it on the factory grease? I'd email their support people about that, looks like it overheated.

Yeah it’s the dementor on it’s first proper outing. Was running it on factory grease as oiling it hadn’t even crossed my mind

22 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Gave the Yeti a good 4 pack rip, ran like a champ.

Tried to run the new Big Rock, kept cutting out, been in touch with Logic, they say basically tough luck, ESC connector has been changed, no warranty.

Last Arrma I will buy, the Senton definitely has cogging issues, this has severe cogging issues, they haven't addressed that which I thought they would have by now... I got 6 clips of the truck which is how many times it failed, none of the clips are longer than 2 minutes, that includes the walk of shame lol.

So, note, Arrma ESCs only like EC5 according to Logic, why?!

Elecs will be ripped out and go in the bin most likely.

Very disappointed in the truck and the response.

G0149555.jpg

G0099411.jpg

G0059292.jpg

And there is some footage to come 😄

147484349-493617068709878-25596945639241

I had the same bad experience with my arrma typhon 3s blx, the  blx 100 esc is just crap  even with 55/100   5200 mah batteries I just get 8 minutes drive and at full throttle It cuts out after a few minutes, with the same batteries In my rock rey and rustler 4x4 I get 25 minutes drive time.  I was very disapointed with the arrma, broke the suspensions arms very easy, then the crap radio and servo, leaky shocks, gear and pinion mesh that where to tight so I had to buy the adjustable motor mount, had a lot play in the wheels, and  the ring and pinion gears where to tight on mine and bind like grazy even when I shimed then, so this was the worst rc car I ever bought, arrma though🤮, even my tamiya cars are better then then this piece of junk.
I still don't know why every one on the forum recommend the arrma 3s line, my Losi rock rey and ruster 4x4 are better cars.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dabollicks said:

Yeah it’s the dementor on it’s first proper outing. Was running it on factory grease as oiling it hadn’t even crossed my mind

I'd definitely get in touch with Corally, I've heard of a couple of cases (online) of people knackering the diffs when running them on the factory grease.

10 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Logic quoted the Arrma policy, so I don't think it'll make any difference.

Something else I was just reminded of, so all my other ESCs, including my Senton beep when you switch on, the Big Rock doesn't, there's no noises at all.

It's unlikely but the lack of beep suggests a problem with the motor side of the ESC, the motor is what makes the beep. Have a look at the A, B, C plugs and the motor can for bad joints. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stormbringer said:

all these wee touches are fairly adding up mate looking good :good:

Thank you, though not sure if it’s too much🤔