• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

@Alex97I have printed a number of braces and parts in PETG and it is great, just make sure you go for a good thick wall if you want rigidity.

Edited by CarlC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

what filment are you using? 

Currently, I am using some cheap filament I got off Amazon. Its from a Chinese company called YOYI. I got their filament as I didn't want to spend a lot to try PETG on my printer and found I really liked it. It all prints at between 200 to 240 degrees C  (I normally print at 230 and have the printer in an enclosure) and works well in my Creality CR-10S. I did try a Micro Swiss solid metal hot end (I was thinking about printing nylon) and found it work well but I had huge number of clogging issues. It would run for a while once I got the setting right (retraction etc) but then for no reason I have a run of clogs, recently I switch back to the hotend that came with the printer but with some Capricorn bowden tube and its been good. I just started printing receiver boxes as some of my builds have needed them recently and did some braces for an Enduro for another member on here (pics below).

receiverbox1.jpg.bca2a72134ac861ea551f86d9301d17d.jpgBraces1.png.fbdfd5e6747c3c5503ac3af1752e2868.png

• Like 3

bent up some  aluminium diamond plate foot plates to the UMG10.

UMG26-body1.jpg

• Like 2

Quick ERBE blast in the street, dang those things handle! Gotta hand it to Traxxas on that count. 

Then as I walk back in the front door my phone pings and I'm being offered a free Strada that was used three or four times before grinding to a halt after going through a puddle, result! Not been touched in four to five years!

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1

Complete strip down, clean and rebuild of My TL01 Alfa 155. Fitted sealed bearings,  speed tuned gear set, Robinson Racing pinion, new servo, hi-torq servo saver, stainless suspension pin set and  Absima  oil filled shocks.

Still need to get a sport tuned motor and esc

20200516_110938

20200516_143347

• Like 1

Knocked up some prototype scale crates, not great but got my head around the construction issues. Will try for some better one tomorrow.

crates.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, CarlC said:

Knocked up some prototype scale crates, not great but got my head around the construction issues. Will try for some better one tomorrow.

crates.jpg

You building a course??

37 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Nothing to my RCs but built some of myWarhammer 40k Ork Nobz (yes that really is what they're called) and their Boss Ghazghkull and his sidekick Makari. 

lryepGN.jpg

P5ZlMvf.jpg

I don’t normally do 40K, I tend to stick to Fantasy/Age of Sigmar (though I am currently painting the Chaos 

Space Marines start collecting set), but I adore that Ghazghkull mini. I just wish he was available on his own.

One of my main armies is Orruks, I love painting them.

• Like 1

Chassis rails and wheels fitted. Now it's a complete operational chassis. Had a little go as it is and iff you give it the beans from a standing start it nearly flips :lol:  (TBLE-02, Sport tuned motor and 20t pinion) need to build the speed up slowly.

DSCF4130.jpg

Also started painting some of this lot up.

DSCF4138.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fef15t said:

I don’t normally do 40K, I tend to stick to Fantasy/Age of Sigmar (though I am currently painting the Chaos 

Space Marines start collecting set), but I adore that Ghazghkull mini. I just wish he was available on his own.

One of my main armies is Orruks, I love painting them.

Nice, there's a few age of sigmar things I keep eying up. I also have a Chaos Black Legion army. The Ghaz model is great as is Ragnar however the box set I really don't think is worth it more so considering the Space Marines included with it don't fit with Space Wolfs. The only reason I got the box was because Element Games have cheaper than GW plus I had a fair amount of points saved up which made it a little more worth it.