• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

got the old inferno all put back together finally, after a full strip down, and various repairs.
fired the engine up too, for the first time. 3 pulls on the cord, and she went, with a fairly stable idle...  ill take that as a good sign. will need a tune tho.

it creeps on idle tho. i think the clutch spring is probably too weak.
i fitted some cheap aftermarket clutch, cos i couldnt find a genuine one anywhere, and the spring on it is kinda weak, so possibly due to that.

ive packed everything up in a bag, ready to take into the woods tomorrow, for a test run.
i'll try not to blow it up, or crash it :)

1 hour ago, CarlC said:

Add a modified servo winch and RC4WD winch controller to the UMG10 build.

UMG8.jpg

where’s the winch? Which unit did you go with? Been making some servo winches myself but running them through an esc on 3S- much better speed and power :-). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

3z8GnP3.jpg

Looks like a gun in the back of the bed in that picture [emoji1787]

Few odd jobs for me. Decided I was going to use the XT30... XT60 way too big for the the BL30 and little Lipos.

Oil filled some shocks.

Put 80k CST in the centre diff for the Mojave buggy project.

4c86d557b6a34cab3c06999b7c67bd4f.jpg

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, stimpy said:

where’s the winch? Which unit did you go with? Been making some servo winches myself but running them through an esc on 3S- much better speed and power :-). 

The grey HobbyKing Servo has had the electronics removed and the motor connected to the controlled feed from the RC4WD winch controller. I do have a servo winch in my Enduro that has the pot replaced with resistors and run off the receiver signal dir3ectly but I find it a bit awkward as it tends to drift a bit on the mid point.

• Like 2

Sprayed the wing

ed4eb25344b647a3f3156c2f42614e72.jpg

Diffs done

1bf6dc8cddec7201793f9502e5420f81.jpg

I guess they just throw the gasket in hoopla style as an afterthought.

984d3bba10796205a1f994b719b7ed2d.jpg

All 3 of them like that.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Took a picture of the TT-02s body, I don't know why but I'm really not happy with it. Also put the Africa Twin next to it to give you an idea of the size of the AT. 

9ZpQNti.jpg

I think it looks great. Once you put some stickers on it'll come out more. Love the colour also 👍 Didn't realise how big that AT was, looks mint  :066:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

I think it looks great. Once you put some stickers on it'll come out more. Love the colour also 👍 Didn't realise how big that AT was, looks mint  :066:

I think your right it's the lack of stickers. Think I need to have a look around and see what I can find. 

Really happy with the AT even if the decals let it down a bit just don't know where to put it now. 

• Like 1