• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

16 hours ago, stonedef said:

I went to fit the new rear wing to the Outcast and found the rear brace stop broken :( So I thought that would be a good excuse to buy a Voltage Hobbies alloy one but they want $47  delivery for a $22.95 part :shockingscary:

RlY3B28.jpg

The Voltage Hobbies one looks a little complicated for me to do. I could've had a go though if I had the broke bits.

1 minute ago, tolk83 said:
4 minutes ago, .AJ. said:
Took the Yeti out for a quick spin this morning and have lost front drive all together, think the bulkhead has warped and lost pinion/ring gear mesh, all this heat must have melted it emoji38.png 

Jebus! Good effort!

I had the same issue a few weeks ago and thought it was the diff internals, but I changed them for HPI gears and a Boom Racing metal cup, think it’s time for a VP bulkhead and be done with it lol

Did a coat of Tamiya dark yellow on the WPL body.  Now I need another can to finish.. which means the paint on the body is soon going to cost more than the whole model did.

Edited by ghazghul
wrong paint colour name
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brought a nitro revo yesterday for a good price,it was in prices so I’ve rebuilt it all,,but I’m still struggling to get it started,,hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it wouldn’t start,I wouldn’t give in,after stupid amounts of adjustments on the carb it is finally set and runs an absolute trooper,a95091c870c0c4e48f36bc6df1d74ec3.pngb3be6a7c35c77446a035738f18b0ef4d.png

• Thanks 1

Planned my next project, searched through my spares boxes to find out what needs ordering. Turns out not much, just a body, wheels and some turnbuckles.

I don't always succeed but I always try to finish one RC project before I embark on another. Since I am planning to start building a FF-02 soon, I thought it best to finish my Tyrrell first.

2018-08-06_09-12-56

So to this end I made a start this morning on a part I have been putting off for months, namely the driver's helmet which I painted with TS gloss white. Once this is dry I will need to paint the face as best I can using acrylics and a fine brush, then apply the supplied decals.

Once the helmet is finished and attached, I will consider this model done. I am not using the tyre decals on this set of foam tyres as they are for running. I will perhaps use them on a set of rubber tyres for the shelf. 

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 2

Asking the important question!

I’m interested [emoji6]

A real pain today, stolen from the net, resized & printed images. There are very few to choose from which are usable for Metcalfe, a chap on eBay wanted £50 for printed as a special one off, I must admit that was the driving force £££.

e88aaf8136e12b6eb3896371495bacf2.jpg

7e8e911526c1d016cd5ac30b61d0a5a0.jpg

806e55b9b1f356e28c4c70e718329931.jpg

7e526bee96a48fea93e0d00f3d122d13.jpg

e9c57a677c0c56cb351dbc25c7062cb3.jpg

8758de249e37c0e65e24eddd3a80292d.jpg

They look better from a distance.

Total cost £4.50.

Going to make a light box for the top logo next week.

• Thanks 1