• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 hours ago, bombercountynick said:

@Pistonhead did the rear shaft guards come with the kit? 

Yup :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, mond said:

Friend of mine is racing his, says it's highly impressive. 

Cheers :thumbsup: Part time racing this one, They're incredible on track and built like tanks too!

The NT48.3 i swapped for this as a roller, drove away from shunts while racing that'd leave most other truggies on three wheels :lol: 

Me and the boy took the Stampede and Bigfoot down Shoreham Rec for some gravel bashing followed by some short grass speed runs! Loads of fun and they looked much dirtier than this when we left! I may have bent one of the front shocks a little [emoji23] 5ee9ceca2415d3b6f5cbb8ff285eec04.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We took the Amp and Bugsta out to the local woods for a spot of bashing. After about 20 mins the Bugsta burnt out its motor again :( But this time the esc was also very hot but still working, so have ordered new motor and will swap out the esc and see if that's the cause of all these motor burn outs??

Got the MTE ready to run.

Hopefully it won't slip it's pinion this time.

GEfPAS7.jpg

Motion testing the "other" project which is taking a bit of time for me to do :rolleyes:

Got loads left still to do to it. Them drive gears in it make a right racket.

Need to sort a belt drive conversion asap! and switches for homing, limits and e_stop.

Then it's a case of making a perspex enclosure door for when it goes fluid cooled :D

Turning into a money pit this but enjoying putting it together, all bearing/motor brackets etc have been done on the machine before/while converting.

Lost count of the amount of times the machine was just a pile of bits!

One of the first jobs will be trying to make a new motor mount for the MTE so I can use my Skyrc motors that only have a 15mm shaft. The MTE one only allows you to use 20mm ones due to being so far back from the spur :ack:

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stonedef said:

We took the Amp and Bugsta out to the local woods for a spot of bashing. After about 20 mins the Bugsta burnt out its motor again :( But this time the esc was also very hot but still working, so have ordered new motor and will swap out the esc and see if that's the cause of all these motor burn outs??

The fact it's brushed.

My nephews Bugsta also burned out.

Brushed stuff shouldn't really be made to go in a quicker vehicle.

In my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

Fixed the servo, steering then set up my Schumacher kf2 for racing tomorrow, to just find out it's cancelled. Oh well at least it's ready to go next week. 

Edit, no clue why it's showing as my first post? Not been on in awhile but posted a little bit on here earlier in the year. 

Edited by Rustypeb