• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Did 4 more speed trial videos this morning of the FTX Outlaw & Hooligan, BSR Basher SCT, and ECX Amp Buggy. 

Killed my Outlaw.....it came off second best against a Land Rover Discovery :wacko:

Fitted an ali clutch/pinion carrier to my Baja 5b, and chucked on the tarmac wheel/tyre set ready for a speed trial tomorrow :D

It's running a hostile gear set 19/55 with a Zenoah 29cc with a 668 carb, 25:1 fuel mix. Any guesses as to what top speed it'll reach? Will pop up a vid tomorrow with the result. 

IMG_1206.JPG

Edited by t2boats
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

About 50mph if you can get 19k out of your engine :good:

And therein lies the challenge :D 

This is a new carb (other one is in use elsewhere now). I'll be doing a few runs back n fore, gradually tweek in that high speed needle. I did my Matrix SCT a while back on the bench and you could hear the difference in engine pitch afterwards.. and to see it blast around with so much more life is highly rewarding and never fails to put a smile on my face..

I'm going for 40 to 42mph at the mo, will be happy with that first time out. 

15 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Not the model but rather getting the tank workshop ready for a proper start on the Armortek tank. Forgot how heavy those lathes were until I carried them in from the shed. :o

John

TankWorkshop-1_zpsqpd7ejut.jpg

Neat and tidy, I like your style :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, t2boats said:

Fitted an ali clutch/pinion carrier to my Baja 5b, and chucked on the tarmac wheel/tyre set ready for a speed trial tomorrow :D

It's running a hostile gear set 19/55 with a Zenoah 29cc with a 668 carb, 25:1 fuel mix. Any guesses as to what top speed it'll reach? Will pop up a vid tomorrow with the result. 

IMG_1206.JPG

I had 48 out of my G290 with a 990 carb, checked with a Garmin GPS.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Not the model but rather getting the tank workshop ready for a proper start on the Armortek tank. Forgot how heavy those lathes were until I carried them in from the shed. :o

John

TankWorkshop-1_zpsqpd7ejut.jpg

I've had one of those lathes in my watchlist on ebay for ages. Any good? 

I'd love something like that at home. One day...

15 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

I've had one of those lathes in my watchlist on ebay for ages. Any good? 

I'd love something like that at home. One day...

My favorite is the Cobra Mini Lathe on the right. Only for small stuff but lovely to use. The Conquest is more capable with a power feed etc. but doesn't get used a lot but handy to have when the micro lathe isn't enough. One thing with these Chinese lathes though is to get one with an ungraded motor control board. Mine have American made boards. Also make sure they have a kill switch that stops the lathe if the cover over the chuck is opened.

John

Edited by johninderby

The killswitch over the chuck is not too much of an issue for me. I use much bigger at work without.... It gets used only to stop coolant getting chucked everywhere. However a power feed is crucial to me. Does it have the ability to be connected to a digital  measure screen?

10 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

The killswitch over the chuck is not too much of an issue for me. I use much bigger at work without.... It gets used only to stop coolant getting chucked everywhere. However a power feed is crucial to me. Does it have the ability to be connected to a digital  measure screen?

The current model has a few differences but is available with a digital speed readout.

https://chestermachinetools.forumchitchat.com/file?id=2070431

There are aftermarket digital position set-ups.

http://littlemachineshop.com/info/dro_compare.php

John

• Like 1

Fitted a way smaller pinion in the bad bug.  Amazed I found it :) .  Should help keep the temps down a bit. The esc (120a ) was cool & batteries nice & cool too.