• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Used some cheap vinyl from EBay to make a chassis skin, trying to keep the carbon scratch free,I know it doesn’t matter, but I like to keep things clean😀

image.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday evening in reality but I added headlights and rear lights to the VS4-10 Ultra. Big headlights, it takes 10mm LEDs!!!

• Like 1

Didn't have enough AAA batteries to run the banggood special so I changed out nearly all the electronics to run it on lipos.

Before:IMG_20200612_170615.thumb.jpg.8932d3cf2084eabe0f1beff0df4d8677.jpgIMG_20200612_170622.thumb.jpg.329655f44a545bacc9c5c5d1cc27f430.jpg

After:IMG_20200619_143553.thumb.jpg.a5c5039db221bcbd83e8acdd647118af.jpgIMG_20200619_143615.thumb.jpg.18b7d12908a61940cdfb2a8583981f3b.jpg

• Like 2

Spent the evening dropping a combo in the spare Berserker, Underrated chassis if you ask me, And drives great with the right tyres on.

spacer.png

Also gave myself a little dilemma, I broke out the Nitro Thunder Tiger S3 just to see, Forgot just  how quick they are, And the fun they can be.

So what's the dilemma, Well, I have a new Go 21 5-port engine, With Hong-Nor exhaust and 2 new Sanwa servo's sitting here doing nothing, So tempted to pick up another Chassis, Even tho I've not used the S3 I've got for over a year.

spacer.png

And I got a refund on the Micky Mouse Brushed speedo.

Edited by babylon
  • Like 2

Been putting my radio gear in the Kronos, also had to oil the diffs, for some stupid reason they come with grease in them out of the box 

3-BFD6-ED1-FB3-D-488-E-8896-8-EC608-A08783.jpg

1-FF10-A0-D-3810-496-E-BBED-FAFA8-F3380-BF.jpg

3748-F494-8-EC7-4901-A18-B-E7-B49-C69-DAD3.jpg

F55-F95-EE-CBA1-4881-BB26-DCDBA68-C7281.jpg

Yeah heard that a few times. Very odd decision for a 60mph basher.

Let me know if you want me to make you a bumper [emoji1]
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Yeah heard that a few times. Very odd decision for a 60mph basher.

I think it's just to make Corally's life easier, Remember it's sold as a RTR, So your average Joe picking one up for the first time won't know the difference between the dif being filled with grease, Oil or water, But what there not gonna get is a puddle of oil in the box witch sends them running to the phone and a warranty claim.

• Like 1

I think it's just to make Corally's life easier, Remember it's sold as a RTR, So your average Joe picking one up for the first time won't know the difference between the dif being filled with grease, Oil or water, But what there not gonna get is a puddle of oil in the box witch sends them running to the phone and a warranty claim.
Yeah but grease really isn't sufficient for 6s, which is also what they advertise as supporting for battery power.
I actually think the safer bet in warranty terms is oil when you consider all outcomes
  • Like 2

Gave the DBXL a rip, ran superb until two bolts pulled out of one of the battery boxes. No biggie, longer bolts were already ordered, just not arrived yet. 

Also had the camera rolling, hopefully some decent footage in the fading light. 

9 hours ago, Mack1 said:

Spruced up the 5ive T shocks with a clean, new boots and springs. Not bad for a £4 ebay find.

20200622_135601_copy_1612x784.jpg

The boots on mine are going hard, they are nearly £20 new in a packet 😯 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

The boots on mine are going hard, they are nearly £20 new in a packet 😯 

Every now and then Ebay does have some little gems come up. Worth saving a search for something and trying a cheeky bid when it comes up.  Netted some bargains over the years but the wait can be excruciating. Maybe even save a search just for a part number. I have seen sellers just list under a part number and not a description .

Edited by Mack1
Added bit about part numbers
  • Like 1

Built up a new slipper, but using a Hot Racing steel spur (60t),  just waiting for the Hot Racing pinions to turn up now.

DF2120D4-FF23-4290-B5DB-18641DD17042.jpeg

• Like 1