• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

On 31/05/2020 at 18:27, Tug said:

Sorry @Tug, I've never worked out how to clear the damned quote box!

Today I spent nearly an hour hunting around the garage for a drive shaft that fell out on my work bench. I heard it fall and thought to myself, glad that didn't fall on the floor. 2 minutes later I go to pick it up and it's vanished!! After tearing the place apart I gave in, only to find it stuck to one of the magnets on the inside of the shell 🤬

• Haha 1

Solved the body post problem of the custom buggy.

Used the original lower hole on the the tower, and a hole on the M2C brace that was already there.
Some stand offs, some long grub screws and some green Loctite and I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Need to get some of my new tools into action and start making Kydex parts.32a8cd0df87adbedaf97051b6686a53c.jpg

• Like 1

I shaved the diff cup channel to alloy the spider gears bar to seat down all the way and alloy the ring gear to seat gears moving freely. Job done. 

YVmObwn.jpg

GnIbJ7L.jpg

I have movement in the drive ends but cant remember if that's normal the gears are operating smoothly and its fully closed that's all I care about right now.  But then I gave the ring gear a wipe down before fitting it and saw something fall. Then noticed the big chip out of the bearing mount so not a win at all. 

I think when I got stupid with it trying to rubber mallet the bar in I rested it into the drive gear so the drive end wasnt touching anything I think anyway I don't remember tbh lol. So now I need a new ring gear before I can bolt it all back in. Or chance it like this since the bearing will still go on. But I don't think I will unless afew say it should be fine lol. Idk what kinda forces that bearing will be under so probably just get the new gear. 

O7bEmpo.jpg

Until next month then I guess. I need to start the body for my kids truck now forget this until that's done. 

Orderd part #6879 I mayaswel have just brought a new alloy diff cup lol. I was tempted to try the Chinese part at £5 or even the Hong kong hardened gear but decided it's best to just get std and faster hopefully. Big lesson learned dont bang on things. 

Edited by RCbutcher

put a back brace on my tt-01, part of A part spruce's that came earlier, then put on a blue ariel tube and took it out with dads one, a tiny stone flipped it and snapped a part that holds the rear body mount post.

ran it a bit more then took it in and discovered one of the sprues has the part that broke, all fixed and awesome timing and new neon yellow wheels have shipped for it, they should stick out well on the dark blue metallic body paint, which is also good timing as my current tyres are knackered :)

tweaked my thunder tiger xxt a bit more earlier, it has the shocks from a hyper mini st and the arms, and carrier hubs on the back so part hyper, it ran better than last time.    had shafts that were a bit wobbly for supsension arms, put a few strands of wire through the supsension arms then put in the shafts again, with a bit soft rubber on each end and voila nice tight fit, had a full 5000 mah 2s through it on a 4300kv motor earlier, and had the most insane cart wheel i have ever seen thanks to dads brushless triton , nothing broke  :)

Edited by Yrkoon

Nothing great, Just fitted a spare set of BSR/Trackstar shocks on the CRT, Hobbyking dose have some good stuff as well as bad, But these shocks are just so good, Build quality and action is as good as anything I've used.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

On 07/06/2020 at 08:45, Jack Reacher said:

I really need a better camera and this is a Panasonic Lumix, colour is pants.............any way fitted the new gold beadlock wheels i got from Aliexpress, very happy with them

P1010743.JPG

P1010744.JPG

quoting myself as i have a question for the audience......i did not like how this shell turned out, but i have dulled down some of the gold and have to say its kinda growing on me, now then i ordered a replacement shell its not in stock but on pre order, i planned to paint the next one in racing green (NO GOLD) but i am now wondering if i should just cancel the pre order shell and ask for a refund, just run this shell.........what would you guys do?

quoting myself as i have a question for the audience......i did not like how this shell turned out, but i have dulled down some of the gold and have to say its kinda growing on me, now then i ordered a replacement shell its not in stock but on pre order, i planned to paint the next one in racing green (NO GOLD) but i am now wondering if i should just cancel the pre order shell and ask for a refund, just run this shell.........what would you guys do?
You can paint the outside of it perhaps?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2