• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

My junior driver Bent the rear centre drive shaft & chassis after a front flip went wrong, ended up imbedded in the grass.

8957529959451830d557a0402fb3c7eb.jpg

30mins later all fixed and hammered out with the fine adjuster [emoji375] & a knee bend, home made wing trimmed right down on impact.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Fitted a cheap 2.4ghz Etronix system, hobbywing ezrun max8 with the 2600kv motor and a new spur on my 10 year old stock E-Revo, running on fresh 8.4s it's super quick, must do some cable management and dabble with lipos for the first time ever. Rear suspension is set far too soft as well, it's dragging it's arse wherever it goes haha

94563386_531092077581723_6059702953437036544_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erevo Maxx1 said:

Fitted a cheap 2.4ghz Etronix system, hobbywing ezrun max8 with the 2600kv motor and a new spur on my 10 year old stock E-Revo, running on fresh 8.4s it's super quick, must do some cable management and dabble with lipos for the first time ever. Rear suspension is set far too soft as well, it's dragging it's arse wherever it goes haha

your front tyres are on the wrong way round :P 

• Haha 1

Cut out the body for the UMG10 and started painting. Got the rear fender panels done and my airbrush gave up the ghost. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, then order a replacement.

UMG7.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sminsta said:

That is beautiful! How did you go about getting the purple so deep or cadbury like?! 

Was not difficult, used  2 rattle cans, the purple is a translucent color that was the first layers then backed the color with a silver metallic flake spray and then it looked like this.

1 hour ago, No brains said:

Was not difficult, used  2 rattle cans, the purple is a translucent color that was the first layers then backed the color with a silver metallic flake spray and then it looked like this.

Nice one dude! Looks ace! Had a little idea for when my buggy clear shells are in stock and wanted a purple that was deep like that, thanks mate 

Took the 1:18 Maverick in the garden and the drive shaft stripped... This it was my fault as I put the wrong gears in the rear diff and it locked up.

Sorted the diff (and they're now running 4 planet gears each instead of 2 [emoji6]) and installed an upgraded driveshaft. Will be interesting to see if these metal inputs shred the plastic diff ring gears.

Will be going brushless with this soon so this was ready to be installed anyway.dc8550a6b81121c1fcc6f719d95de1ab.jpg

This build was meant to last all week, but got a bit carried away....

Started out looking like this...

791BE1B9-F77C-4194-88A9-AF5EB3DF953F.jpeg

Ended up with a running and driving chassis 😎

C8536E88-4C34-4F8B-A060-699E7D53CDF1.jpeg

78F24F7E-B899-481A-B2C4-E6BC53A25565.jpeg

Paint and body next...

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 2

I can't go out which means I'm tinkering, I needed some thinner 3.5mm hexs so had ago a printing some. No idea how they'll hold up however it's worth a shot...

20200426-162823.jpg

Edit, after a quick 10 minutes bash in the garden they seem to be ok. 

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

I can't go out which means I'm tinkering, I needed some thinner 3.5mm hexs so had ago a printing some. No idea how they'll hold up however it's worth a shot...

20200426-162823.jpg

Reckon you could make a set in 14mm to fit the Savvy stub-axles?

Lots more messing with my sporty rock Crawler.  

And cramed in the esc/receiver and bits in to the mini 8ight.  All good so far.  Just Need the next order of parts to arrive.  And both will be running. 

IMG_20200426_183952.jpg

IMG_20200425_163713.jpg