• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Put the boots from the HPI Super 5sc Flux onto the KM X2 and gave it a quick street run, only a few minutes as it's very noisy. 

Something's better than nothing!

gwaan feed that addiction even if its for 5mins! :D

I fried up my Savage today on my street  for 5min only to feed my addict and listen to the sound the engine produces :))

Rebuilding my r1 in to a more comp style Crawler.  So desia servo mount for the ar60 axles.  Got Some carbon sheet coming to make the final version out of. But so far I have got it about half way sorted. 4 different versions but getting closer. 

This drops the servo behind axle and a lower cog. 

IMG_20200413_191754.jpg

IMG_20200413_180451.jpg

It currently gets just under 90 degrees flex. I will drop that down a bit for final build.  I'm currently looking for a 2.2 shaft chassis for it. But hard to find now. 

For now I have massively modded the gmade r1 chassis. Cut half of it off.  Pinched it in. And extended the axles 30mm.  And made the wb a good 2 inches longer then stock.  Its slowly getting there now. 

IMG_20200412_165908.jpg

Edited by Hell horn.

After many jumps & cart wheels lower arm gave in, at what I’d call the narrow weak point.

261f389f543db9b1c11e4987376cadb2.jpg

Quite chunky though, ordered new arms & full steering set ups carriers hubs bushes CVD’s screws from a new tear down each side for stock, looking around plenty for the rear not much for the front [emoji16]

So a lockdown repair required to get us over the next few days.

f6a4777374bc4ba1ba17e7add0686ac3.jpg

Might last a run or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, stretch said:

Bought some more really useful boxes to use with my ex stuff so hopefully I will stop buying bits I already have!

Good job :thumbsup: always handy knowing what's where, rather than opening every storage box to find that bit you need.

Well I made one. I got bored with the r1. So have been messing with it. Gave up with the chassis so I have made a sporty style chassis.   This is the mark 1 version. I will be redoing it in carbon sheet at some point.  Got a few other plans and bits to make for it. All out of carbon.  But I think This is a cool start. 

IMG_20200415_173213.jpg

• Like 1

Last night I set about hacking up one of the kids toy cars to fit the Outback Mini. I'd like for it to sit a little lower but that's the best I'm going to get it without lowering the ride height. Just need to  find a way to mount it now 🤔

IMG_20200416_015305IMG_20200416_015323

• Like 3

Overnight, I printed an interior for one of my trucks (needs to be sanded and painted) and some inner fenders for a new build I am starting at the weekend.

tt01.jpg

• Like 3

Left the X2 standing on its back bumper in the kitchen overnight, came down to a puddle of oil on the floor. A rear shock had started to undo the top from the body. Quick fix before I left for work. 

• Like 1

Applied blue thread lock to my HPI Savage engine back plate and then i set about cleaning up my Kyosho short course truck it looks fresh now. I've ordered replacement esc and ball bearings to replace the bushings,.

Did a bit of tlc on my Land Rover MN90, purchased some metal parts from far east some time ago, can't wait to get them to kick start the upgrade project for my little Land Rover.

• Like 1