• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Made good progress with my ratty, Chevy body. The grille and bumpers have been distressed using iron based oxidising paint, 2 hours after the activator was applied it was very rusty 😜. Same paint has been applied to the dents and wheel arches. This was done after the paint had been sealed with a coat of PS-55 (flat clear), so it should carry on rusting as the truck is used (assuming we every get to go outside again). Just need to get some advice on body mounting and its ready to go....

r7.jpg

r6.jpg

Edited by CarlC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CarlC said:

It is a fun little truck. Not had a huge amount of time to drive it as I am in the middle of another build but it has tackled the few thinks I have thrown at it without any stress. Like all of the small crawlers it has it issue, the shocks are a bit bouncy, but I am going to do the grease mod Houghton and see if that improves things. The quality is good to, as you would expect from someone like Axial.

Thanks I’m likely to get one to run it around in the garden and indoors whilst sipping my tea ️ 

• Like 1

Some more done on the Group B Quattro.

A tiny bit disappointed the bonnet/hood stickers don't appear long enough, one end is perfect in line and the A pillar has some gap.

I don't think I've made a mistake either, but maybe I did.

Also a few pictures of how I like to do large or awkward decals.

Little bit of tape, get it in place, stick it down to avoid movement, peel a little film back, cut the paper away, then slowly lay it down from the tape end so it's straight, push it into place, remove the tape, remove the film and stick down.

Nice bubble free decals.

7NaNt8z.jpg

438KYUQ.jpg

ctQm20E.jpg

x5fjZWe.jpg

L9r72RC.jpg

hEADKy6.jpg

Ozc68Kl.jpg

6k2TLr4.jpg

• Like 1

More messing with the r1.  It's got very almost 90 degrees of flex now. No binding of drive shafts now.  And it's now running plus 10mm hex's.  Need to order some dgs hubs for it. Unfortunately only place I can find them is from China on ebay.  So that sucks. 

IMG_20200405_204939.jpg

More work on my r1 and parts fitted for my mini 8ight I'm restoring.

New shock towers.  Wing mount. And a shell. All fitted now. Waiting for center shaft. And some wheels. 

IMG_20200406_153234.jpg

Took the Outbacks for a walk. We walk this path everyday but it's the first time we've taken the Outbacks. We're so lucky to have these woods right behind our house, and to top it off the path is blocked by several fallen trees so we're incredibly unlikely to encounter anyone :)

IMG_20200407_125620IMG_20200407_131025IMG_20200407_132332

Last night I removed the broken servo from the Outback mini, ready for an electronics upgrade :)

IMG_20200406_205054

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1