• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

The Mojave is awesome but BIG - here it is next to my Kraton 8S - only runs on 4/6S - 5S is disabled in the ESC

04BE7562-ADC2-49B6-B8EF-F824240CB72C.jpeg

Edited by r4nd0m
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, r4nd0m said:

The Mojave is awesome but BIG - here it is next to my Kraton 8S - only runs on 4/6S - 5S is disabled in the ESC

04BE7562-ADC2-49B6-B8EF-F824240CB72C.jpeg

Didn't realise 5s was actually disabled.

Not that it effects me.

I also didn't realise it was actually THAT big.

Still want one... Can get one for £571 delivered, 40quid better than Modelsport.

Ive just striperd a servo to use as a motor controller for the bruder ramps, unsoldered the motor and resoldered a motor/gearbox combo thingy in its place, plugged it in worked awesome untill i decicded to remove the POT and replace with 2 resistors...... Now it spins one direction when the toggle switch is neutral, toggle switch down is stays rotating in the same direction but when the switch is up this reverses the rotation? So i might just have to use another servo.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I didnt expect it to be this big either but it was a nice surprise - its quick, I did put in a 25kg servo and used some t-bone racing stuff like mud guards etc to kit it out

Did a neat little mod to my 1/8 race buggy. The switches on these can slowly deplete the LiFe/LiPo RX packs if left connected but it's a pain to remove half the servo tray every time you want to connect or charge the pack. I copied a solution that a lot of racers use: replace the switch with a mountable XT60 connector and make a "key" out of a male connector. This way the pack can remain connected at all times without discharging and can be balance charged by it's balance lead without being removed default_good.gif

49630980873_0e69271668_b.jpg

49631771592_f4d90e84f9_b.jpg

49631503251_c6cca4b5b3_b.jpg

Great solution! [emoji106]

My only concern would be that you have exposed active battery terminals. Might be worth making a "cap" for when it's in storage, even though 7-8v isn't all that dangerous.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Great solution! emoji106.png

My only concern would be that you have exposed active battery terminals. Might be worth making a "cap" for when it's in storage, even though 7-8v isn't all that dangerous.

I'm one step ahead young Paul! Got the 2s version of these on the way :good:

49631923387_b93c67f574_z.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, J.K said:

Did a neat little mod to my 1/8 race buggy. The switches on these can slowly deplete the LiFe/LiPo RX packs if left connected but it's a pain to remove half the servo tray every time you want to connect or charge the pack. I copied a solution that a lot of racers use: replace the switch with a mountable XT60 connector and make a "key" out of a male connector. This way the pack can remain connected at all times without discharging and can be balance charged by it's balance lead without being removed :good:

Might try this on the Xray as I'm seriously wanting to race it, just need to find a decent steering servo and someone to pit for me. 

3 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Might try this on the Xray as I'm seriously wanting to race it, just need to find a decent steering servo and someone to pit for me. 

That's what was putting me off racing nitro for a while, finding a pit man! Think i've got a racer friend to help but in case we're in the same final there seems to be plenty of folk around at our club who are happy to help :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.K said:

Did a neat little mod to my 1/8 race buggy. The switches on these can slowly deplete the LiFe/LiPo RX packs if left connected but it's a pain to remove half the servo tray every time you want to connect or charge the pack. I copied a solution that a lot of racers use: replace the switch with a mountable XT60 connector and make a "key" out of a male connector. This way the pack can remain connected at all times without discharging and can be balance charged by it's balance lead without being removed :good:

I done that years ago on my 5ive to kill the 4s lipo feeding a Hitec 1000 servo if it all got a bit smokey.... 😂 

081-C4288-DDB6-41-E7-9220-0-DCE257-EAF47

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RadioFish said:

Well i redid the soldering on the bruder.... And took the outlaw for a little bash damn that thing need more power brushless here we go...

My son has the brushed outlaw (he is 6) although he loves it he wants it to go faster! Thinking of doing a brushless conversion for him but not sure on what to get I dont  want it silly fast as he will destroy it! Also I love it a bit of soldering sound like a good day!

• Like 1

Yes it was a good day@Michael bird half spent at work the other RCing around.. I need to replace the POT with 2 resistors on the servo circuit board tried this last night and it was a proper failure, might just glue in position for now... As for the outlaw going to opt for the GOOLRC combo nice and cheap got one in the TT01. As soon as payday comes again.

Yes it was a good day[mention=3273]Michael[/mention] bird half spent at work the other RCing around.. I need to replace the POT with 2 resistors on the servo circuit board tried this last night and it was a proper failure, might just glue in position for now... As for the outlaw going to opt for the GOOLRC combo nice and cheap got one in the TT01. As soon as payday comes again.

Those GoolRC ESCs are a gamble though mate.

I bought one and it was trash. Would cog and stall with entirely reasonable pinion and KV motor.
There was at least 3 other people with the same experience when I googled it, and there has been one more on these forums since.

I'll send it to someone for the price of the postage (probably less than a £5er) if they think they can do something with it.

Then I have my surpass one which is clearly from the same parts bin, and it's excellent.

By the time you have bought 2 cheap ESCs you could have bought a Quicrun for 30-40 quid.