• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

From what I’ve seen the only time putting Lunchbox type tyres on the wrong way round helps is with rock crawling. Not something you’d be doing with a Lunchbox.  :nono:

John

The only difference I've been able to make on the grip has been by using oil filled shocks and a torque tuned motor. Soft spiked tyres would be better but I'm worried that it wouldn't slide enough to make it fun and silly.

59 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Me too, I need a figure for it too, or maybe two, plus a few bits and bobs for the 'interior' and I think it will look pretty good :D 

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished :) Is it based on an actual road car or is it a generic Jeep styled body?

7 minutes ago, MissT said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished :) Is it based on an actual road car or is it a generic Jeep styled body?

It's a 1966 Ford Bronco :) 

Ironically, with the cost of the body, paint, liquid mask and possibly a new cage, plus lights, it's about the same price as an RC4WD hard body :lol: 

Over £100 anyway :huh:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

It's a 1966 Ford Bronco :) 

Ironically, with the cost of the body, paint, liquid mask and possibly a new cage, plus lights, it's about the same price as an RC4WD hard body :lol: 

Over £100 anyway :huh:

I understand perfectly. My Pajero project has cost a fortune in parts and I haven't even really started yet :o

Just now, MissT said:

I understand perfectly. My Pajero project has cost a fortune in parts and I haven't even really started yet :o

Thankfully, this is something I hopefully won't ever really change again.

I have spent more on the SCX10 recently than it cost new, in fact, about double :lol: quite scary when you think about it.

But, what is this hobby if not for skinting us :D 

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Thankfully, this is something I hopefully won't ever really change again.

I have spent more on the SCX10 recently than it cost new, in fact, about double :lol: quite scary when you think about it.

But, what is this hobby if not for skinting us :D 

It is a bit worrying when you add it all up and compare it with something that you could've bought away from rc. I've justified my obsession by working last Saturday night and almost froze to death to pay for it! :cold::gap:

6 minutes ago, MissT said:

It is a bit worrying when you add it all up and compare it with something that you could've bought away from rc. I've justified my obsession by working last Saturday night and almost froze to death to pay for it! :cold::gap:

Had plenty of punters then :whistling:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MissT said:

I try not to think about it really, because for what I've spent on RC, I could have had my GTR lol.

I don't try to justify it against other stuff now, because of that, I only try to justify it for what I'll use it and if I get use out of it then it's worth it :D 

• Thanks 1

Made a mess of trying to cut the liquid mask, marked the Bronco body, lost my temper, pulled it all off lol.

Now I guess I will have to paint the outside of it, I was going to lacquer it anyway so it was matt instead of 'lexan shiny' so hopefully it won't all come off on the first run!

My own stupid fault for not sending it off like I had planned.

Took the axxe & bad bug out. Hit a turd within 2 minutes of starting running the axxe  :boredlook:.  Did some speed runs on a rough as hell car park with it to get rid of the turd. It was fast enough to throw a tyre ( they're beadlocked) . Beat the crap out of the bug . Sheared a 2mm stainless screw that holds the wheely bar to the shock & cracked the shell . Not bad for 28mph full on crashes on packed rocky dirt :D. Replaced the screw & made a bit to stop the body splitting anymore out of a bit of tmaxx.  All's good in the noFx garage 

Sounds exciting! It's a great hobby but my brother and I have hardly been out in 6 months with winter etc. We have mad fun when we do though. I wish there was a local offroad club nearby all I have is onroad and that **** is just too fast.

Tips welcome to enjoy bashing all year.

23 hours ago, Zoea said:

Sounds exciting! It's a great hobby but my brother and I have hardly been out in 6 months with winter etc. We have mad fun when we do though. I wish there was a local offroad club nearby all I have is onroad and that **** is just too fast.

Tips welcome to enjoy bashing all year.

I used to be the same until I realised that I just became far too precious about getting my rigs dirty - I'd bash for an hour then spend another 5 stripping it down and cleaning every nook and cranny with a toothbrush. Nowadays I bash for 3-4 hours in the mud, go home and jet wash 'em down in under 15 mins. Quick spray of GT85 then they're back in the cupboard for next time :good: 

25 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Now that looks great!

have you seen the kits on eBay to convert these to Rc?

Thanks Gaz. I have seen them, around £40? that's the one's I was looking at.

As John mentioned, they're are cheaper options. Might look into the conversion of some sort as I have a King Cab mini to build as well.