• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Fitted t-bones to the Firestorm:

IMG_20170107_135015_zpscz5eoiu4.jpg?t=14

And sorted out the interior of the Ascender Jeep JK Build, not great but better than having the motor and shock towers poking out:

IMG_20170107_154239_zps84jmtcny.jpg

Soooo.....

Today I managed to get the d90 laquered. A few minor errors to polish out but overall extremely pleased with it. The colour has darkened down a little and its now even closer a match to bonatti grey. 

As this now needs a few days to cure properly I started on the interior. Primed the whole lot then gave the main piece a coat of satin black which I can then detail. Seats and door cards are finished in tan leather with silver details. Need a few more colours to finish it.... Using Revell Enamel paint for the interior BTW

The cage arrived the other day and is pretty similar to the official Tomb Raider cage that comes with the 1:1. Im tempted to remove the extra post to make it near perfect but I think the cage will lose a lot of strength... Ill ponder this for a few weeks I think

12 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Is that two down, two to go?  Is it a praticlularly heanous task or are you just spreading the job out as you get bored doing it? :) 

Yep trying to avoid doing them all together as I really dislike rebuilding any shocks lol.  To be honest I don't think the front ones will need doing as the rears weren't too bad but I might do them if I get bored. 

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

What is that Rav?

2 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Glad you asked!

Hi guys, having some fun building something different, black ops project will be 5th scale buddy :)

This setup is on my Tamiya lunchbox, double wishbone front setup, titanium turnbuckles, carbon fibre shock mounts, gmade xd piggyback shock (internal shock pressure can be varied etc), alloy knuckles, custom red/black theme.

I will do a build thread me thinks ;) 

Edited by RJJ
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RJJ said:

Hi guys, having some fun building something different, black ops project will be 5th scale buddy :)

This setup is on my Tamiya lunchbox, double wishbone front setup, titanium turnbuckles, carbon fibre shock mounts, gmade xd piggyback shock (internal shock pressure can be varied etc), alloy knuckles, custom red/black theme.

Sounds pretty sweet, taking a modest Lunchbox to a new level

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RJJ said:

I love a good build thread. I've even read some about the smelly rigs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Sounds pretty sweet, taking a modest Lunchbox to a new level

Not sure about that matey, there's some really nice lunchbox builds already :)

2 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

I have wanted to build one of them for about 15 years, I still haven't bought one.....lets see what 2017 brings :) 

Do it, I have wanted one for the same time and picked up a kit last year, nostalgia costs you lol :)

10 minutes ago, RJJ said:

Not sure about that matey, there's some really nice lunchbox builds already :)

Do it, I have wanted one for the same time and picked up a kit last year, nostalgia costs you lol :)

My brother has spotted that tamiya have re-released the Blackfoot and the Monster Beetle and he is considering getting one of them, maybe when he does I will pick up a lunchbox and it will be just like old times, I may even think about leaving the stock silvercan in there :D 

Just now, Wrighty8766 said:

My brother has spotted that tamiya have re-released the Blackfoot and the Monster Beetle and he is considering getting one of them, maybe when he does I will pick up a lunchbox and it will be just like old times, I may even think about leaving the stock silvercan in there :D 

A friend at my club has a nib MB for £70.... untouched.

Looked at my RC's today, man tidied the cave and found a few bits i'd put away to do a bling build which never took off.  Annoyed me finding them so promptly wasted the day catching up on work.