• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Finally completed the new titanium linkages on the TXT-2.

Only need to adjust the steering end-points and now that the servo linkages are turnbuckles, centre the rear-steer linkage as well.

Too cold in the garage to stay too long!!

Al.

2 hours ago, ostewart said:

Bashed the Firestorm, still going strong. Giving it some TLC with new bearings on order, and a good clean.

I love how little maintenance the firestorm/blitz chassis needs. Occasionally give it the once over and treat it to new stuff when it breaks and it laps it up! Still one of my favourite RC's. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

I love how little maintenance the firestorm/blitz chassis needs. Occasionally give it the once over and treat it to new stuff when it breaks and it laps it up! Still one of my favourite RC's. 

Indeed it is a pleasure to work on, I know it inside out after owning the blitz for a long time. I wish I had never sold my Blitz, but got the Firestorm now so all's good (just a shame I got rid of nice shocks and steering rack)

47 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Finally completed the 'refit' of the TXT-2 'Bigfoot'.

Replaced all alloy links with Vanquish 3/16 titanium M4 threaded links.

Replaced all so-called heavy duty RC4WD alloy rod ends with G-Made rod ends.

Replaced the Savox 1256TG servos with Bluebird H50C helical servos.

It's a bit '3-dimensional' but necessary to avoid the links.

I can now increase the voltage as well as I have a 20A S-BEC which goes up to 8.4V I think. I'll leave it at 6.0V for now - servos are nearly twice as torquey as the 1256TG's!!

I won't be using it much, and certainly won't be 'bashed hard' but a little wary the servos are 'direct' now - no saver.

PHOTOS:

Front linkages - C/F mounting - longer throw servo horn:

TXT-2%20Bigfoot%20-%2020161230-02%20Fron

Rear linkages - C/F mounting - shorter throw servo horn:

TXT-2%20Bigfoot%20-%2020161230-01%20Rear

I have another longer throw horn if necessary, but the idea is to give some partial rear steering, not be too dramatic, so as not to 'upset' it too much.

The rear servo is on a 3-way 3rd channel and can operate independently.

Both servos are using M4 threaded turnbuckles, so can be fine-tuned if necessary irrespective of trim - this is more for the rear servo.

A very brief trial seemed quite successful - will try tomorrow at least in the garden, if the heaven's don't open!!

Al.

Looks great, and even better in the flesh :) 

Cheers mate.

Needed a lot of patience, waiting for the links to arrive - RC Mart were out of stock for a couple of months, and ordering from the States would 'incur charges'.

You can see when in 'profile' just how thick those G-Made rod ends are - here's hoping.

Those Bluebird servos are beasts - definitely recommend them.

Little choice with the torque required and available, but no servo savers up to the job so steering is direct - not too keen on this, but won't be a 'basher', so should get away with it.

Al.

Couple of photos after a few minutes' test in the garden:

TXT-2%20Bigfoot%20-%2020161231-01_zpshhf

TXT-2%20Bigfoot%20-%2020161231-02_zpsxwk

All nice and clean - no accidents!

Lucky as the new servos are reversed wrt the previous Savox ones.

Totally silent as well!!

Al.

• Like 1

Replaced the rear servo horn on the TXT-2 with a longer-throw one - much better, but will have to be careful if I get it up to speed!!

With battery, and body on, the all-up weight is >8 kg - mainly thanks to the alloy and particularly those RC4WD wheels.

Quick static test on concrete: 

Al.

• Like 1