• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Bashed the Losi XXL, no breakages, amazed the wing stayed on after a number of cartwheels, and the slipper clutch behaved itself !!. All in the beautiful sunshine and a busy harvest time.

• Like 1

Tried bashing Carnage but the slipper wasn't tight enough. 

Bashed Aggroshot, the recently fitted Ezrun esc and HPI servo have transformed him into a fun and controllable basher. Hobbywing FTW. Oh, I also broke the front shock tower which gave me carte blanche to order the carbon item I've been wanting for ages.

Oh, I also posted "The Project" shell off to be painted. 

Edited by chewbacca

Fitted hostile mini mx to baja fronts.

Fitted new servos aswell yesterday.

With some modding (bodging)  to make it fit. 

Rebuilt my leaking centre diff on the xray. 

Charged up all the battery's ready for ndor in the morning. 

Race day tomorrow at K.O.R.T so got some practice in today after gluing up some fresh rubber and changing the servo saver tension to suit the change of tyres.

Car felt instantly better and jumps although the better tyres confirmed that i need to go down 100wt on the shock oil front and rear as its just a bit too stiff 

Used it :)

Now need to look at the brakes as one of the springs i used to hold the pads apart has broke  and get wedged into the brakes themselves making them bind horribly.

Had to cut short my run as a result although it is an easy fix i didnt have the tools to do it in the field as it were.

Race day today and the Tekno was on point all day, three fastest laps, won heat two and came second in the Final. More to come i hope :)

3ebbec2144840e54e8bd0eab1ae95a84.jpg

Also got the new body painted up, just need the stickers and to trim it.

48825f9a06ac523e0e4cdb2fecc333ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Race day today and the Tekno was on point all day, three fastest laps, won heat two and came second in the Final. More to come i hope [emoji4]

3ebbec2144840e54e8bd0eab1ae95a84.jpg

Also got the new body painted up, just need the stickers and to trim it.

48825f9a06ac523e0e4cdb2fecc333ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one mate, well done, new body looks smart :D

I'm less than two seconds a lap off the pace of the fastest buggies too. Gonna change the shock oil weights and flip the pistons during the week, should be much more stable then.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, James1986 said:

Melted a spur. Damn you loose slipper! :lol:

3CB96552-ACAE-47E3-9386-9B9BCC778EC0_zps

I've borked spurs in my time but that is EPIC BORKING. 

• Like 1

Gave the Carnage a good if sneaky ragging at work. Impressed the lads with his speed and ability to land on his wheels after rolls etc. I used to think Badlands were the puppy's privates but Trenchers shade them. 

18 minutes ago, Meldinov said:

2d9ebbf12e7d0f15ee2e9f49a1fcb507.jpg

First time on the road, broken gearbox where it support the lower suspension arm.

Enviado desde Tapatalk mediante mi LG-D405

Yeah, I've had that. Fortunately parts are plentiful and relatively inexpensive. Well, here in the UK at least. 

Talking of the DT-03 chassis, I received and fitted my carbon front damper stay to mine. Tis a shame it's hidden under the shell but hey ho.