• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, Brian-2.0 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for Torx driver sets for Axial as I have a few screws that I am having trouble removing 😬

Ive got a bunch in my wiha system 4 kit and then a bigger set of wera ones that are like the traditional “L” Allen keys for bigger stuff. Both are good quality and haven’t let me down yet, so I suspect most stuff from either of these companies should be pretty solid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian-2.0 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for Torx driver sets for Axial as I have a few screws that I am having trouble removing 😬

I picked up a prescision tool kit on Amazon for £15, so far its repaired toys , guitars and now RC cars. Not heavy duty but decent enough

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Ive got a bunch in my wiha system 4 kit and then a bigger set of wera ones that are like the traditional “L” Allen keys for bigger stuff. Both are good quality and haven’t let me down yet, so I suspect most stuff from either of these companies should be pretty solid. 

Thanks BigGinge

I was passing by Halfords and they had a set in store so picked them up and did the job lovely 😁

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shergar said:

Are you backing it Big Ginge with another colur?

There are two colours to go in the inside which will also back the blue, then a couple of bits to finish off on the outside. Weather isn’t looking too bad today so can hopefully make some more progress with it. 

• Like 1

Black’s done now too. I also found a nice spot to let the paint dry out inside the house without stinking the whole place out. 

D4C9069D-4BF0-459B-A362-7FAFD927AE38.thumb.jpeg.51454c53a4f28619dc2e79ca46eae21c.jpeg

It’s a shame I’m going to mess up the black covering on the inside with the next coat, as I’d quite like to keep that as the final internal finish. Guess I can always put more paint on later if I want to get it back that way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 24/01/2022 at 16:25, oodboo said:

Was last night so cheating a little. Finished this one off.

PXL_20220123_190718489.thumb.jpg.3247ca1c0418b704b185b8b1df70bb16.jpg

PXL_20220123_190718489.thumb.jpg.3247ca1c0418b704b185b8b1df70bb16.jpg

PXL_20220123_190732203.jpg

This is the most ‘popular post’ I’ve seen. Didn’t even know there were 17 active members 🤣

looks awesome by the way, nice work 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2