• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage Project ;-)

Kpowell911

ill be on the look out for one of them next, They certainly are easier to convert than a savage, turning into a (Fun) nightmare

I'm going to do it properly though, just need to confirm FLUX TVP's fit:)

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

Didnt think you could edit your posts 15 minutes after originally posting? IS this forum different?

FEel free to edit it and delete previous post mate.

Seriously? Even though in the post above the list of parts you'd posted 44 mins ago but edited the post 43 mins ago? You must think my head buttons up at the back.

Screenshot2010-05-30at231321.png

Please in future start using the edit button rather than post another post straight after, it's one of the reasons why you wind up other members of the forum

Seriously? Even though in the post above the list of parts you'd posted 44 mins ago but edited the post 43 mins ago? You must think my head buttons up at the back.

Screenshot2010-05-30at231321.png

Please in future start using the edit button rather than post another post straight after, it's one of the reasons why you wind up other members of the forum

Most forums only allow you to edit your post 15 minutes after posting it origonally (the option dissapears)

I edited the one above within 1 minute to correct the spelling.

I was not aware there was an option to edit that far away from original post time.

If a member has an issue with me, he should tell me, Not go moaning off to admins and mods like a coward.

Why edit previous posts and loose the time frame and exactly what difference does it make?

Surely if your not interested in reading any updates you'd simply unsubscribe?

Personally i'd prefer new posts rather than edits as i then receive a email notification.

It's not like he's getting money each time he posts or eating up massive server space :lol:

I'm not discussing this further,

It's something that's been flagged up to staff a number of times and has been relayed previously. And whilst you may prefer to have new posts made as you receive notifications it's not something that the majority of members like when the thread is bumped constantly without any real value added.

I've been using and moderating on t'net forums of different types for around 15 years, this is the first time i've ever read or heard about someone requesting op's to edit posts rather than add a new post.

I could understand it if it was a noob wanting to pop up their post count on forums where for sale ad's are only allowed after so many posts.

But that's simply not the case here.

I know you said this is your last post on the subject but why is it considered better to edit rather than add new posts?

I ask because if there is a good reason i could implement this rule on my forums.

I also think an explanation it would go some way towards quelling discontent as without a good reason it does seem extremely pedantic.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

I don't get what all the fuss is about, the man is simply laying out his thoughts as they come to him. Probably hoping that someone who's completed a similar project might have some ideas to throw up. Mr Guns has completed many projects and I've always found them interesting, keep em coming matey!

• Like 1

Hopefully we still live and breath in a world of free speech when I say this....

But I think this is heavy handed moderation. The folks backing 19inch guns here are some of the most active on the monster truck section and we all enjoy reading his informative post. I have also moderated forums and the norm is to block edits after 15 mins and future replys are expected.

I don't seem him bumping his threads for glory, just useful updates to useful threads all rc related.

So not sure where the negative comments re: his posts are coming from but they are not coming from any of us.....

Edited by gavinc
  • Like 1

Hopefully we still live and breath in a world of free speech when I say this....

But I think this is heavy handed moderation. The folks backing 19inch guns here are some of the most active on the monster truck section and we all enjoy reding his informative post. I have also mderated forums and the norm is to block edits after 15 mins and future replys are expected.

I don't seem him bumping his threads for glory, just useful updates to useful threads all rc related.

So not sure where the negative comments re: his posts are coming from but they are not coming from any of us.....

Totaly agree with the above.Keep the posts coming 19" :good:

• Like 1

But I think this is heavy handed moderation. The folks backing 19inch guns here are some of the most active on the monster truck section and we all enjoy reading his informative post. I have also moderated forums and the norm is to block edits after 15 mins and future replys are expected.

I don't get what all the fuss is about, the man is simply laying out his thoughts as they come to him. Probably hoping that someone who's completed a similar project might have some ideas to throw up. Mr Guns has completed many projects and I've always found them interesting, keep em coming matey!

I've been using and moderating on t'net forums of different types for around 15 years, this is the first time i've ever read or heard about someone requesting op's to edit posts rather than add a new post.

I could understand it if it was a noob wanting to pop up their post count on forums where for sale ad's are only allowed after so many posts.

But that's simply not the case here.

I know you said this is your last post on the subject but why is it considered better to edit rather than add new posts?

I ask because if there is a good reason i could implement this rule on my forums.

I also think an explanation it would go some way towards quelling discontent as without a good reason it does seem extremely pedantic.

Cheers

Mark

:good: x2

Now All i need is the £100 odd to get the Flux TVP's, motor mount, Motor plate and Battery boxes. Buying at Retail from UK is going to be rediculous money, This is not the cheapest way but the way I look at it, Its the proper way, And the way I'll be happy with. The motor mount looks very nice, And the battery boxes are proper bolt on items. The only thing is They require 3 part numbers, which retail @ Close to £50! For plastic battery trays!

However, I've found someone who breaks Savage Flux on ebay, And he can do the lot for £83.

Guns, if you don't mind a bit of a wait, these should work out a bit cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HPI-Savage-Flux-Motor-Mounting-Set-Plate-8mm-7075-Flux-/390201407516?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ad9d0f81c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HPI-Battery-Box-Set-Savage-Flux-/140412449181?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b13bf19d

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HPI-Savage-Flux-TVP-CHASSIS-Plates-Twin-Vertical-4-6-/390196950071?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ad98cf437

Edited by londoner

Vortex on this forum has sent Me a pm and sorted out TCS flux TVPs, Flux battery holders, Flux shocks, Flux diffs and some hd gears! All i need now is a motor mount!

Just gotta play the waiting game now!

only just caught up with this thread again, and i really dont get what the problem is with posting again to update us with the next step?! it seems pretty petty to me to have to edit the last post with new information. like others have said before its convenient to recieve an email notification when someone posts something new, otherwise you'd have to be checking the forum every 5 mins to find out if something has been said!

rant over!

anyway, back on topic, good work with finding all the bits you will need guns! looks like its going to be another good project mate! get some pics up when you can :)

Right lads, the savage should be here tomorrow. If ive got everything i think i have, i just need the motor mount. But i think what I need to do inow is wait for everything to arrive. Stop spending and see exactly what ive got. Like i say hopefully the motor mount. If thats the case, ill have a brushless ready roller and a bullet proof centre box, im

only on 4s so the upgraded flux standard diffs should be fine. I had a figure of what i expected to spend and im

under budget :-)