• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage Project ;-)

Kpowell911

i was only using 3s and 4s there a pain my bro shed is full of them there about 25 if not more all alloy. and he does not use them, spent too much money on them as he does not have kids. and money to burn they just cost too much in hop ups etc and and parts . why did you not get a electric rtr instead of a nitro its going to cost you more doing that way lol good.gif

Can't wait to see the results.

Gotta say i really enjoy reading your threads as you tend to document builds really well, but in re-engineering a car into Elec really sparks me interest so i'll be watching closely for updates.

Didn't really look into your servo spec's, but for under

Well I had to do the Gearbox mod myself the other day.

This is how it all starts.

dsc08930.jpg

Then remove the 1st and 2nd gear set.

dsc08922n.jpg

Then disassemble the gear set.

dsc08923x.jpg

Remove the one way first gear spur.

dsc08924d.jpg

Then you have to fill the 2nd gear engaging mechanism(That's what I'm calling it anyway) with JB Weld, I don't know if you can get that over the counter here, But it's what they seem to use in the US. I did try Araldite which worked for about to packs, But this time I'm using Unibond

dsc08936uw.jpg

Just make shore that the arm that engages the 2nd gear is engaged before applying the weld, This way the weld is only really being used when you apply the brakes.

dsc08927y.jpg

Then just stick it back together.

dsc08928.jpg

Of course, You could just get the Flux conversion gear, But were is the fun in that, And as I mentioned in a pass thread, Just watch that Speed Passion Conversion Kit, Looks a bit pants really, But I should come across and sort out any problems by the time you get this far.

Small update for future reference, That crap Unibond stuff don't work, Looks like that apart from putting a real spot weld on it, It will have to be the Flux lay shaft, Still, It's only another tenner.

dsc08937r.jpg

why do i need to this again?

You're an addict, you need help. Just send all your trucks to me and go back to the gym. whistling.gif Seriously though, there's nothing more satisfying than fixing these problems, hence why I bothered to fix up my old 3906 E-Maxx. That 1900 motor by the way, is looking like a damn good balance between acceleration and top speed, perfect for bashing.

Lol cant i just have a 2 speed brushless?

To be honest, I never realised I had to lock the box until I used it, And had no brakes or reverse, Which is why I tried to lock rather than buying and waiting for the proper bit to turn up.