• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Not the postie, but my local Modelshop (shout out FTD Models!) Texted me to say this had arrived:

aiiegAA.jpeg

RC10CC

Now bit of confusion here as we were all kind of told this wouldnt be here until January, but I think a few UK guys have got theirs today so not sure whats going on. Couldve done without spending £320 3 days before Xmas but hey. Also, now its here Im like hmmm what do I do with this now. I initially wanted to build it, but I think Id prefer to be building a Tamiya. Maybe move this on and get something else from Tamiya?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not the postie, but my local Modelshop (shout out FTD Models!) Texted me to say this had arrived:

aiiegAA.jpeg

RC10CC

Now bit of confusion here as we were all kind of told this wouldnt be here until January, but I think a few UK guys have got theirs today so not sure whats going on. Couldve done without spending £320 3 days before Xmas but hey. Also, now its here Im like hmmm what do I do with this now. I initially wanted to build it, but I think Id prefer to be building a Tamiya. Maybe move this on and get something else from Tamiya?

Once they confirmed it wasn't a limited run I cancelled my order. They won't be selling clear spares so it would be extremely risky to even use it. 

If you stuck that up for sale now I reckon people would bite your hand off for it!  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Once they confirmed it wasn't a limited run I cancelled my order. They won't be selling clear spares so it would be extremely risky to even use it. 

If you stuck that up for sale now I reckon people would bite your hand off for it!  

Im very torn. I kinda wanna build it, but it means nothing to me. I have no attachment to the brand Team Associated or Racing buggies. If I sold it I could buy a Tamiya I want, or at least have my money back in my account. But Im now off work till 3rd of Jan, I dont think Ive ever has that long off work, and I want to build something. The RC10CC fits the bill, or do I man up and build this as I hate not having it parked next to the others…..

wNx2G5d.jpg

NQBZ5Nv.jpg

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im very torn. I kinda wanna build it, but it means nothing to me. I have no attachment to the brand Team Associated or Racing buggies. If I sold it I could buy a Tamiya I want, or at least have my money back in my account. But Im now off work till 3rd of Jan, I dont think Ive ever has that long off work, and I want to build something. The RC10CC fits the bill, or do I man up and build this as I hate not having it parked next to the others…..

Considering your collection I'd say get another tamiya, have you tried that Japanese auction site yet? 

49 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

You guys win. A flick through the manual to see what colours are needed then quickly popped to the local modelshop. Picked up

PS1 White
PS34 Bright Red - had to buy a whole can for the wing…..
PS31 Smoke for the windows

5pSbFlo.jpeg
w

This is 23 years old, and the shell appears marked. Hoping it cleans up. Also the foam tyre inserts have turned to dust haha. Makes you think, people with 1980s sealed NIB stuff, is it actually any good?

prMhhZZ.jpeg

bV1DQTG.jpeg

ry8J48t.jpeg

This is gonna be a slow build mind

I dont think Tamiya planned on the models lasting 23 years and slow build is best, my fiat mf-01 is coming on very slow but so far sweet as a sweet thing

• Like 2