• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

On 28/11/2020 at 15:39, Jack Reacher said:

nothing nada, nowt, not a lot, i see a big row brewing with an ebay seller, for the new super duper action camera i ordered that should of been here thursday, however i suspect it is coming from China as the tracking does not even show "in transit" despite stating UK, i emailed the seller to ask for more tracking info and no reply, and yeah could be down to busy couriers as they are overworked and under payed, but a larger non rc item i ordered after this has arrived yesterday by royal mail same as the cam is allegedly shipped with.

I am pretty darn angry about this as i wanted it for this weekend.   If it arrives from China i feel i should report the seller for mis leading saying in UK

Same with me now.

Ordered something from ebay with Leicester as location 1.5 weeks ago.

Seller is based in China.

Tracking says it arrived today in Atherstone (one of the UK import gateways).

But I don't believe it came from China.

Rather from one of the EU warehouses.

I usually avoid those sellers, but I couldn't find those parts anywhere else.

Ebay will surely do nothing about that. The Chinese sellers are a big blessing for ebay's turnover.

Unless it cannot be avoided I follow these ebay rules:

No China based seller (there are enough local importers)

Max 5 days estimated delivery

Pick up possible

No Leicester or certain other locations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Same with me now.

Ordered something from ebay with Leicester as location 1.5 weeks ago.

Seller is based in China.

Tracking says it arrived today in Atherstone (one of the UK import gateways).

But I don't believe it came from China.

Rather from one of the EU warehouses.

I usually avoid those sellers, but I couldn't find those parts anywhere else.

Ebay will surely do nothing about that. The Chinese sellers are a big blessing for ebay's turnover.

Unless it cannot be avoided I follow these ebay rules:

No China based seller (there are enough local importers)

Max 5 days estimated delivery

Pick up possible

No Leicester or certain other locations

The Chinese seem to dominate ebay lately, trying to avoid Chinese sellers is a case of avoiding ebay full stop, but yeah still a few proper UK sellers if you search them out, my camera has finally moved and now with royal mail so i expect it in a day or so, would of been nice to get it in the stated time frame

• Like 1

Just a word of warning, working at home today, just by chance I walked passed our front door and could see a van outside, I opened the door and the guy was at the back of his van, he quickly walked over put a parcel down and took a photo.

I have just looked at the camera on the door and he walked up to the door and out the parcel down, photographed it, then started to reach down but the camera stopped.

this was before I had opened the door, so he was obviously planing on stealing this, as he would have a photo of it on the doorstep, so we would struggle to prove it hadn’t been left!.

• Thanks 3

On 30/11/2020 at 12:21, Jack Reacher said:

The Chinese seem to dominate ebay lately, trying to avoid Chinese sellers is a case of avoiding ebay full stop, but yeah still a few proper UK sellers if you search them out, my camera has finally moved and now with royal mail so i expect it in a day or so, would of been nice to get it in the stated time frame

There is practically nothing you can do about it.

Even Amazon is overflowing of them.

But at least Amazon has the Prime option. Then you know for sure it is based in the UK and will come fast (even though the Chinese still stock their stuff in the Amazon warehouse).

eBay has "Fast & Free" but not possible to filter.

If I want stuff from China and many times I don't mind, I will then order from AliExpress. They got at least the best buyers protection.

On 30/11/2020 at 12:01, Ag100 said:

Just a word of warning, working at home today, just by chance I walked passed our front door and could see a van outside, I opened the door and the guy was at the back of his van, he quickly walked over put a parcel down and took a photo.

I have just looked at the camera on the door and he walked up to the door and out the parcel down, photographed it, then started to reach down but the camera stopped.

this was before I had opened the door, so he was obviously planing on stealing this, as he would have a photo of it on the doorstep, so we would struggle to prove it hadn’t been left!.

We have cameras cross the whole front now as before we started WFH the amount of stuff that was just left on the door step was crazy , nothing went missing however you never know. 

26 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

We have cameras cross the whole front now as before we started WFH the amount of stuff that was just left on the door step was crazy , nothing went missing however you never know. 

This was after we had a parcel go missing, photo logged showed package on door step in bright sunshine, despite it apparently being delivered at 7pm, also didn’t show the newly attached Christmas lights!, suffice to say the order was replaced!.

I have adjusted the time the cameras record for now!

1 hour ago, Ag100 said:

This was after we had a parcel go missing, photo logged showed package on door step in bright sunshine, despite it apparently being delivered at 7pm, also didn’t show the newly attached Christmas lights!, suffice to say the order was replaced!.

I have adjusted the time the cameras record for now!

sadly when they are paid so little you can see why things go missing, totaly wrong but things happen. 

a lot of the  courier companies have chanaged their T&Cs so that the driver can sign for them. very slippy slope. 

8 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

sadly when they are paid so little you can see why things go missing, totaly wrong but things happen. 

a lot of the  courier companies have chanaged their T&Cs so that the driver can sign for them. very slippy slope. 

Yes, can see the reasons, just a bit shocking when it actually happens to you.

At last, the new action camera has arrived, this is the Akaso V50X, gets universal praise on youtube  being native 4k @30fps and will do 1080p at 90 fps plus all other res like 2k and 2.7k and has a very good EIS, another nifty feature is the tripod mount on the base, nice an easy to fit to TX, should improve my running vids

Akaso V50X.JPG

• Like 2