• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST brushless motor mount question

MAZ

I've started gathering parts for a Hyper ST pro conversion build and am currently looking for a motor mount

I've seen one on ebay for about £17 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394606574017?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wk9rtwpxsfy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Yv7kFOI2SSm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This one is about £37 and is for the Hyper SS/VSe (which I think should fit)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125899446569?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=y8pcti6oqoe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Yv7kFOI2SSm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Just wondered if anyone had used either of these mounts for a Hyper ST and what they thought of them?

Other recommendations are also welcomed 

Many thanks

Well the 17 quid 1 is for the ST so dont see there being a problem using it 

I think im using an AliExpress 11 quid 1 in my ST conversion and not had any probs with it 

• Like 1

I've bent this cheap motor mount, the top arm twisted from the motor torque and they dont have much adjustment for a wide range of pinion sizes. The Hobao mount is stronger, third mounting position and wider pinion adjustment, not bent one in a Hyper buggy, but I think you will have to adapt it for the ST due to the plate under the diff.  I've two STs, one with mount from forum member who used to make them and the other is this from aliexpress which has held up but still doesnt have a wide pinion range.  The diff is offset which why you need the to use the provided plastic diff bracket.

• Like 1

I ran the Hyper SS motor mount in my all my STs, just had to shim one end of the diff by about 1mm, to stop the diff from binding.

Had enough swing to put a 1717 in and gear it to the moon.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vr5fx said:

I ran the Hyper SS motor mount in my all my STs, just had to shim one end of the diff by about 1mm, to stop the diff from binding.

Had enough swing to put a 1717 in and gear it to the moon.

20230508_212433.thumb.jpg.deff56b19161ca8164bf439104d0b51e.jpg

Is that an extra mounting point? If it is, did you use it? If so, was it easy to drill that chassis in the correct place?

Found another hobao motor mount which looks slightly different to the other one I posted.

This one costs a little bit more and I'm not sure whether to go for this one or the other..

Thoughts? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353967679912?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=b1UG2asFR5y&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Yv7kFOI2SSm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

If you're feeling flush / want some bling you can use these aswell H85134 and HOP-0153

Gonna get these when i buy one

So both the motor mount and the diff holder are compatible with the Hyper ST Spider diff  and the mounting holes/points? 

I believe that 7/VS/8/9/Cage/ST/SS Hobao motor mounts use same diff mounts so holes are the same as they use the same diffs, not sure about the VTE. The mounts are designed for a flat chassis, however the ST uses a plate under the diff to raise it up, as well as fixing points for the braces. So the outer mount fixing point will be raised off the chassis in the ST. You will need to pack this out if you were going to use it.