• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareย all things R/C!

When I am not RCing about, I am...

totlxtc

3 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

ย 

Neither, GTE. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

To be honest the new gen look pretty much the same ๐Ÿคฃ Iโ€™m a mk4 fan myself the r32 is my dream car ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

To be honest the new gen look pretty much the same ๐Ÿคฃ Iโ€™m a mk4 fan myself the r32 is my dream car ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

That's because they are, lol. Only difference is under the bonnet, and the stripe at the front (blue for GTE and R, red for GTI and grey for GTD). Bodykit is the same.ย 

ย 

I'd love an Mk2 GTI (my dad had one when i was a lad), or even an MK1. R32 sound good, but not my favourite.ย 

ย 

My favourite is actually this one, for one particular reason. We're currently averaging 90mpg over the last 600 miles - for a 250hp auto. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

ย 

That's because they are, lol. Only difference is under the bonnet, and the stripe at the front (blue for GTE and R, red for GTI and grey for GTD). Bodykit is the same.ย 

ย 

I'd love an Mk2 GTI (my dad had one when i was a lad), or even an MK1. R32 sound good, but not my favourite.ย 

ย 

My favourite is actually this one, for one particular reason. We're currently averaging 90mpg over the last 600 miles - for a 250hp auto. ๐Ÿ˜‰

A hybrid 250hp 90mpg sounds bloody perfect ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RC4WD fan said:

A hybrid 250hp 90mpg sounds bloody perfect ๐Ÿ‘Œ

ย 

I do like to think so, and it's still plenty of fun to drive despite being 150kg heavier than a GTI. Just double checked, it's 88mpg, over the winter (it'll probably go to around 130mpg average in summer - missing a third of the battery capacity in the cold, basically, plus heating).ย 

ย 

And it's much easier to wash than our prior car (MY19 SEAT Ateca) - i can actually do the roof without ruining my jumper lol.ย 

ย 

Had this arrive today:ย 

ย 

QMCr8Fk.png

ย 

Both Soft99, the same company that makes Fusso wax. One's a soft glass cutting compound to take off overspray from the sealer (hate when the windscreen is coated), and the other one is an anti-fog agent that i'd like to try, seems to work well in preventing the shower mirror to fog up - goes on the driver side window tomorrow, see how well that works before i put it on windshield/rear etc.ย 

ย 

I genuinely have a 250l crate brimmed with car detailing stuff (the AVA is in there too) - best time to buy even more stuff.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

ย 

I do like to think so, and it's still plenty of fun to drive despite being 150kg heavier than a GTI. Just double checked, it's 88mpg, over the winter (it'll probably go to around 130mpg average in summer - missing a third of the battery capacity in the cold, basically, plus heating).ย 

ย 

And it's much easier to wash than our prior car (MY19 SEAT Ateca) - i can actually do the roof without ruining my jumper lol.ย 

ย 

ย 

QMCr8Fk.png

ย 

Both Soft99, the same company that makes Fusso wax. One's a soft glass cutting compound to take off overspray from the sealer (hate when the windscreen is coated), and the other one is an anti-fog agent that i'd like to try, seems to work well in preventing the shower mirror to fog up - goes on the driver side window tomorrow, see how well that works before i put it on windshield/rear etc.ย 

ย 

I genuinely have a 250l crate brimmed with car detailing stuff (the AVA is in there too) - best time to buy even more stuff.ย 

Iโ€™ve been looking at that glass cutting compound not sure if itโ€™s a gimmick or not so would like your opinion on it ๐Ÿ‘Iโ€™ve a 20 plate Nissan qashqai so know what youโ€™re on about with the roof ๐ŸคฃIโ€™ll be looking at a new car in the next couple of months want something smaller and preferably a hybrid only getting about 33mpg was 55/57mpg before the new e10 fuel ๐Ÿ™„

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Iโ€™ve been looking at that glass cutting compound not sure if itโ€™s a gimmick or not so would like your opinion on it ๐Ÿ‘Iโ€™ve a 20 plate Nissan qashqai so know what youโ€™re on about with the roof ๐ŸคฃIโ€™ll be looking at a new car in the next couple of months want something smaller and preferably a hybrid only getting about 33mpg was 55/57mpg before the new e10 fuel ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

I'll update you once i've gone for it - so far, it's the most recommended over at the detailingworld forum. It apparently very much does what it says on the tin, removes any and everything from the windscreen - dirt, tar, grime, and coating. Qashqai is basically the same size, so yeah, you know what i mean. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Our Ateca got around 37mpg in winter, 45 in summer - with the GTE that number went to between 75mpg with a bit of hooning to 270mpg (highest so far) over a 30 mile journey when draining the battery fully. That's winter only, as mentioned. Though, the one time we refuelled it so far, we went for super. If they only manage to see us 8 times a year or so, might as well go for the good fire juice.ย 

13 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

ย 

KJH6NH2.jpg

ย 

Indeed. Four washes in already, car only has 600 miles on the clock. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

ย 

That looks very nice mate, colour and wheels. The only bit i honestly dont like is the โ€œfillerโ€ cap on the front wing, i know thats how these e.v. Are designed now and they are trying to step away from the more tradition area of the fossil burners.

those headlamps also remind me a bit like the ones on the transporter t6. As i say, smashing carย :good:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

ย 

That looks very nice mate, colour and wheels. The only bit i honestly dont like is the โ€œfillerโ€ cap on the front wing, i know thats how these e.v. Are designed now and they are trying to step away from the more tradition area of the fossil burners.

those headlamps also remind me a bit like the ones on the transporter t6. As i say, smashing carย :good:

ย 

Cheers - the EV cap is actually in a perfect position for us lol.ย 

ย 

uL4zXVb.png

ย 

If it was anywhere else, we'd need a new cable (at the least). I'll be honest, in the beginning i thought the headlights actually ruined the looks, but grew on me big time. It btw is still a fossil burners, it has two filler flaps ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

When nor doing rc related stuff i am doing jobs in the house, stuff in the garden, washing my cars (not rc) playing with my cats, cooking, caravaning, watching the world go by, watching the world go by or tinkering in my workshop. The kitchen was the last big project i did, finished it 6-7 weeks ago and a new ensuite is going to be the next 1, first pic is my view of the world going by

ย 

IMG_1825.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

Iโ€™m not jealous of you not one bit ๐Ÿคฃย 

and I spy a RX7ย 

• Haha 1

Sadly work takes up most of my time as stay away several nights each week(luckily always have my SCX24 with me) but I'm a land rover fan and have a Disco 2 which am in the middle of turning in to a commercial/ camper also fish when I can but mainly boring stuff around the house.

56 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Iโ€™m not jealous of you not one bit ๐Ÿคฃย 

and I spy a RX7ย 

ย Thank you, Rexy as the rx7 is known by i have owned for 12-13 years now, i used to daily drive through spring/summer but is now just a toy as bits are getting harder and more expensive to get hold of

15 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

ย Thank you, Rexy as the rx7 is known by i have owned for 12-13 years now, i used to daily drive through spring/summer but is now just a toy as bits are getting harder and more expensive to get hold of

Very nice ๐Ÿ‘Œ

doesnโ€™t look stock though still have the twinโ€™s or a big single snail on the 13b ?ย 

11 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

It is running hybrid twins, i got turbo technics to change to 360 degree bearings and bigger intake impellers, most things have been modified in it suspension, wheels, bodywork, interior, electronics and engine stuff, it is a lot of fun to drive but have to be very careful in the wet, i have taken it off the road just now as im going to do a refresh on some stuff

IMG_0345.jpeg

Thatโ€™s just pure filth youโ€™ll be banned on here for posting that ๐Ÿ˜ย 

ย 

seriously though looks epic very jealous all I can hear in my head is that sweet music the 13b makes ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• Like 2

Woah an RX7ย ๐Ÿ˜Žย That's super cool!

ย 

When not RC'ing, I'm doing this, helping the wife showcase her voice:

whatimdoing1.jpg.e3fdd2a03d66b3b3d2fc301b0b4d03cf.jpg

ย 

Having a midlife crisis, riding my toddlers pony while trying to play eguitar and sing, all becauseย @Yrkoonย threatened me to do so, or no playing Grim Fandangos with him late into the evening.ย 

whatimdoing3.thumb.jpg.eca4a2890cd2f8623d2c7995b0cff082.jpg

ย 

Somewhere amongst that is a day job, 1:1 cars, a cat, a toddler, Lord Milliken. other hobbies and so forth.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/03/2023 at 20:26, m4inbrain said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

QMCr8Fk.png

ย 

ย 

Have you used the glass cutting compound yet ? if so whatโ€™s your opinionย