• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What rc do you think everyone should own at least once in their rc adventure

RC4WD fan

Much like you’re not a car guy if you haven’t had an Alfa or so they say  what’s the equivalent in RC world ?

Edited by RC4WD fan

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

I think like them or not, everyone has to have built a Tamiya kit. Although with how behind they are now, and the success of RTRs, theres no real need for them other than nostalgia

I’ve had many tamiya kits 😁 someone said to me a while back that you have to have a tamiya lunch box to call yourself a true RC’er that’s why I’m asking 😆

• Haha 1

Never owned a Lunchbox .... and probably won;t .... as I would immediately have to chop it up, fit proper double wishbone suspension. Graft on a Stampede or similar gearbox and motor mount..... just couldn;t drive it with the stock motor and drive setup

RC's you have to own? I would say a proper nitro Savage..... but then, I am biased

i have had the lunchbox, i remember that i could put a penny on the back to do wheelies 😄 

i have had other tamiyas too but never built one, to be honest i have never built anything.

• Sad 1

Just now, Stormbringer said:

aww your missing out mate not building a kit :good:

dont i already know it? i need to learn to solder so i can do awesome builds but until then i cant or wont do it 😄 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Any kit.

As long as you've experienced putting an RC together and running it with sense of accomplishment and a big grin on your face.

Definately mate :good:

• Like 1

Nitro savage gets my vote as well….owning and upgrading one of those is an experience all of its very own that I miss but at the same time totally don’t miss at all.

I think that maybe everyone that was into rc back when nitro was dominant had also owned one or more - hyper 7, hyper st or the old lightning buggy/truggy (2rr and lsp?) at some point.

Yeah my I’ve had my hyper 7 for like 20 years now except for a few months where I sold it off as nitro and bought it back to convert 😄 

I guess im a true rc,er as i have had nitro (never again) and built a fair amount of kits (3 tamiya and working on sca-1e) and on the subject of kits my favourite so far is the Tamiya MF01 Jimny, nice to build and even better to drive

3 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I guess im a true rc,er as i have had nitro (never again) and built a fair amount of kits (3 tamiya and working on sca-1e) and on the subject of kits my favourite so far is the Tamiya MF01 Jimny, nice to build and even better to drive

I’ve had 2 MF01 Jimny’s totally agree but oil shocks are a must 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rustic Ade said:

Tamiya Holiday Buggy was my first build, sometime in the early/mid 80's.

Slow, short battery life, amazing to have as a kid.

I still have mine.  Will have to charge up the 6V NiCd battery and see if it still runs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I still have mine.  Will have to charge up the 6V NiCd battery and see if it still runs.

That's what I'm doing with an original Cobra Sport.