• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Airwolf

Yeh it should mate as you must run carbon blades on this helli you cant use wooden blades on it 

I have another 450x which is in a Eurocopter AS350 fuse and that works great and i wont be doing any 3D flying either 

This is with stock motor 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys 

I had a bit of a disaster on Saturday trying a test flight with the 450x 

When spooling up it was spinning uncontrollably on the ground as the tail gyro was reversed  , got that sorted and tail was solid on ground but on verge of lift off it toppled to the right and smacked ground 

Found the swash plate gyro was also reversed so went through the fly barless system from start to finish and believe i now have it sorted

The topple took out a set of carbon blades,ejected a swash link (found that other side garden) and broke a washout arm  so parts ordered and now waiting on them luckily had spare blades so when fixed will try another test flight next dry calm day before fitting in fuselage 

Ohh well expensive mistake lol 

• Sad 2

This is WAY too complicated for me. Even if I could cope with the technology I can barely manage left/right, forward/reverse. Add up and down to that and my head would pop!

Looks awesome Stormy 👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A little update on progress

Got the mechanics almost ready to  install

Vjs3QLu.jpg

A bit nearer instal

kpnqm4T.jpg

Also tidied up the wiring in fuselage 

PfhWdHV.jpg

And a little vid of everything working ready for installation of mechanics hopefully tomorrow 

https://youtu.be/vJghDQlzp9o

• Like 3

SHE FLIES

To say i was nervous would be an understatement 

near end of vid she was suffering a vibration problem but reflew her and it was ok Yrkoon got a vid of 2nd flight so will get that posted later

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I found the cause of the severe vibes it was a slightly bent feathering shaft

I took the blades of and put a hex wrench into the hex screw inside blade grip i then rotated the wrench whilst watching the blade grips and they started to orbit around the centre

New feathering shaft installed and 3 batteries later no vibes 

Will try to get Yrkoon to shoot new flying vid soon :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been hovering her in garden and put about 6 more batteries through her , unfortunately Yrkoon was to busy in his scratcher to get vids but hopefully get new vid soon :good:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...