• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

On 09/02/2023 at 19:22, Davy Crockett said:

I for one am pleased by the clear windows....!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clear windows are better than black  stickers ,  ever time, on any car!

I like Clear Windows .

That's why I chose a Fury 2.0 over the others

• Like 1

Need a little advice guys, those of you with the Injora Tarantula caged trucks,

I’ve mounted the stock battery tray and it fits (just) but cant figure how the stock battery strap will hook into place to secure the lipo, i dont actually have the strap as of yet although its been ordered.

So do you guys have any battery tray pics or can give me a little guiding hand please??

thanks. :good:

@Alex97, great stuff, thanks mate.

i have to run stock electrics as its all i have spare at this time, my lad just came up with a good idea, he said use the battery tray for the esc/rx double sided taped into place then use the Injora esc mount to run a strap around and mount the lipo in there (if it all fits…)

appreciate the help though mate. :cheers:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

It’s my birthday and my darling wife and kids got me this,

IMG-2569.jpg

IMG-2568.jpg

Another to start modding lmao, dont get me wrong, i am still very much a Land  Rover fan but my goodness, this is beautiful!!!

Nice"Yank wagon" 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I just bought the TRX-4M - coming back to RC hobby after a long break. It's my first venture into small scale and rock crawlers. I love this wee thing. So far I changed the gears to the low range set, fitted the pro light kit and added 20mm extended brass hexes. I've also fitted the full set of sealed steel bearings from injuro. 

Only problem is that the wheels now rub on the body at full lock. I could bind a TQi controller and set end points but don't want to lose steering angle. If I fit high lift linkages will they raise the body? I only need a few mm clearance. Also, do I need to do the shocks at the same time, i.e. fit 59mm?

Thanks for the help. 

10 minutes ago, Rsd1982 said:

Hi all! I just bought the TRX-4M - coming back to RC hobby after a long break. It's my first venture into small scale and rock crawlers. I love this wee thing. So far I changed the gears to the low range set, fitted the pro light kit and added 20mm extended brass hexes. I've also fitted the full set of sealed steel bearings from injuro. 

Only problem is that the wheels now rub on the body at full lock. I could bind a TQi controller and set end points but don't want to lose steering angle. If I fit high lift linkages will they raise the body? I only need a few mm clearance. Also, do I need to do the shocks at the same time, i.e. fit 59mm?

Thanks for the help. 

The stock bodies look great however they are more forced on scale than performance. If you want the bigger tires, more travel and wider stance you'll always be limited by the stock bodies. I ended up ordering a tarantula cage and it's great,  nothing binds however it's unfair to compare a scale body to a "performance" roll cage. Personally I like the cage look and paired with the 1.3" tires I'm super happy. 

The 59mm shocks are nice however unless you want more travel and your limited by the length of the stock then you won't see any performance boost changing them. If you want some more preloaders for the stock ones drop me a message as I've 3D printed som 👍

• Like 1

20mm extended brass hexes.

^^^this will be the cause of the body rubbing, because the tyres dont pivot as close to the hub bolts meaning the wheel swings round more. 

Maybe 6-8mm will work, ive had to use 4mm wide hexes to compensate the wheel offset too, im not a fan of a scale crawler looking like a monster truck, im more of a “weekend warrior” or like the ice eating monsters of Iceland.

oh, and of course welcome to the forum :good: you have made the right choice of rig though, having had a few of its “competitors” if you can call them that, nothing comes close. Also as @Alex97 said, if you want a open wheeled rock basher the that Injora Tarantula chassis is sublime.

cheers. :cheers:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Another injora order, anothet issue! 

I fitted the laydown servo mount however it drastically reduces downwards travel at the front as the servo catches on the links. Travel side to side want too bad after the heated and bent the chassis however after losing 5-8mm of downwards travel I've decided to go back to the original stand up mount, only issue is I've had to cut the gear box to allow the mount to fit so that needs replacing. I've contacted injora for a refund on the mount as it's clearly a poor design with issues. 

https://i.postimg.cc/k4Jdtyn6/20240111-160825.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/nzpnGJ1L/20240112-074250.jpg

I dont think its designed to work on the Injora tarantula cage mate, i think its more for the chassis railed defender/bronco/chevy etc. 

i bet it will work a charm on the lcg carbon chassis they sell.

either way, its a bit of a downer, how easy would it be to put it in the description of the ad if it wont be a straight fit, they did with the spacers in the front links that allowed the servo to touch the front of the cage.

my lad has the carbon lcg chassis, i could try it on that if its no use to you at any point??

my Trx4m’s are now almost completed, just awaiting for my steering servo for the Chevy, replace the steering servo in the tarantula to one with a black case so it doesnt stand out as much then i would like a brown Ford F150 shell to be the start of a “small” project.

ran out of paint for the obstacles ive made too although i am contemplating making another see-saw but more compact design this time, thats a job for when it warms up a bit lol.

• Like 2

Well my lad did test fit the Injora lay down servo mount with the matching Injora carbon chassis and it does work if the servo wires come out the bottom of the case, if they come out the side then this fouls the rails.

@Alex97, do the wires on the Injora servo come out of the bottom of the case??

seems like a very specific fitment, i have no issues with that but i do think it should be made VERY CLEAR in the description of the sales ad.

this isnt the first time that there is fitment issues. It is a shame as they do some nice stuff and reasonably (as can be i suppose) priced too.

i wonder if it would be worth sending them a email regarding these fitment issues??

still waiting for my steering servo for the Chevy, and still need some paint ordering.

42 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Well my lad did test fit the Injora lay down servo mount with the matching Injora carbon chassis and it does work if the servo wires come out the bottom of the case, if they come out the side then this fouls the rails.

@Alex97, do the wires on the Injora servo come out of the bottom of the case??

Yes