• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

16 minutes ago, steephill said:

No mate. They don't come assembled. I used a 1.5mm driver and it was fine. 

Perfect, I knew at one stage they were using 1.3mm hex's which is a right paint in the ass! 

21 hours ago, steephill said:

Some of the earlier sets of 1" beadlocks from Injora did have bolts that take a .50" or 1.3mm driver. 

Yeah i use a 0.50” driver too, might have to look into a 1.3mm driver though.

I'm looking forward to getting out with mine. I found that I needed to remove the shims from my front links otherwise it was binding with the servo horn under compression. I think they definitely didn't prototype this before ordering the tooling. Saying that I'd they made a 1/10 version id definitely consider it! 

• Like 2

@steephill, my word, that does look great!!

i cant wait to get mine up and running, axles are built up, awaiting a gearbox casing, then hopefully sell a couple of bits to get the suspension links and shocks, will have to run stock Trx4m electrics for now, thats a early 2024 job though lol.

does anyone have a dedicated indoor course??

i have this idea to make a 10 gate or would be 7 feet long folding course that would slide under a bed or stand up, admitted it would be a straight course but at 6” wide does give a little side to side room. Hinged in the middle giving a up and over bridge type thing with 5 obstacles on each length. 

I have no clue if that makes and sense lol

again just thinking about some winter running when its to rough to go outside….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Gaz! Thanks👍 I don't have an indoor course. I have a pile of stone I arrange in the front room. I've built a few various obstacles out of wood. I'm concentrating on my outdoor course at the moment. The Trx4m's do really good outside too. I'm always up for ideas of building crawler courses so get some pictures up 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steephill said:

@Gaz! Thanks👍 I don't have an indoor course. I have a pile of stone I arrange in the front room. I've built a few various obstacles out of wood. I'm concentrating on my outdoor course at the moment. The Trx4m's do really good outside too. I'm always up for ideas of building crawler courses so get some pictures up 👍

Herts RC models have a crawler track, I've seen some people's indoor ones and wonder how long it would take before you got tired of the layout.  

95% there, I planned to use a 1625 however had a new 1080 G2 that was going spare. With the 1080 being the go to brushed ESC for crawlers it made sense to squeeze it into a TRX4M, It was a tight fit however it went in. The RX is a micro 4ch one in a 3d printed case (doubles as a wire tidy). Having had a quick blast around the living room it definitely handles better than the stock body and the bigger tires help it go over larger obstacles. 

I still need to draw the body panels up in CAD as the v2 front bonnet was definitely a Friday afternoon job! 

20231018_191148.jpg

20231018_191145.jpg

20231018_191132.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, steephill said:

Would love to see some pics of your wooden obstacles and outdoor track,

I’ve  been in the building a outdoor track for a while now, we changed it from being a 10 gate 1/10th course to a 1/18 adventure playground but my health has declined somewhat this year so unable to do much, using mostly stone and some kerb edges, old fashioned ridge caps even got some waste drain pipe off cuts to make a couple of tunnels, i will try to get a picture of it so far.

as for the indoor folding course, its still in my head at the moment but i might sketch it out if possible and take a pic. :good:

16 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Herts RC models have a crawler track, I've seen some people's indoor ones and wonder how long it would take before you got tired of the layout.  

Yeah that would be the main worry, i could make each obstacle difficult to overcome, finishing the track with 0 points would be a perfect drive, that should help keep interest for a bit longer, could always try to be able to move the some of the obstacles moveable to be able to create more tracks, that maybe the way to go but i would definitely need my thinking cap, cup of tea and a pencil/paper lol. Doable though…..

i will get the original outer bit down on a drawing, post that then have a look at what obstacles i can make with what ive got or can get. :good:

20 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Would love to see some pics of your wooden obstacles and outdoor track,

I’ve  been in the building a outdoor track for a while now, we changed it from being a 10 gate 1/10th course to a 1/18 adventure playground but my health has declined somewhat this year so unable to do much, using mostly stone and some kerb edges, old fashioned ridge caps even got some waste drain pipe off cuts to make a couple of tunnels, i will try to get a picture of it so far.

as for the indoor folding course, its still in my head at the moment but i might sketch it out if possible and take a pic. :good:

Yeah that would be the main worry, i could make each obstacle difficult to overcome, finishing the track with 0 points would be a perfect drive, that should help keep interest for a bit longer, could always try to be able to move the some of the obstacles moveable to be able to create more tracks, that maybe the way to go but i would definitely need my thinking cap, cup of tea and a pencil/paper lol. Doable though…..

i will get the original outer bit down on a drawing, post that then have a look at what obstacles i can make with what ive got or can get. :good:

@Gaz! here's an idea for indoor course, can be arranged and put away easily.

Also done one for outside on an old table - will take some pics when I get home :good:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StockHuman said:

Hey, I have a Traxxas TRX4-M and I just gave it a good clean as it went through some mud. Its all cleaned but after putting the wheels back on it started to lean to one side when I drive. Do you guys know how I could fix this??? Thanks

You might have over tighten the axel casing causing something to bind. Try rebuilding the axels.