• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Customs charges, something very fishy….

.AJ.

Probably just guessed the amount, i wouldn't expect a squint eyed customs officer to know how much a Vitavon gearbox housing, axle and motor mount (or similar) is actually worth. Might've just seen machined billet parts and assumed "gotta be expensive", and wrote down a number. 

Would be my guess anyway, i wouldn't follow up with them to figure out how they came to that conclusion until they somehow threaten you with legal action for tax evasion.

Edited by m4inbrain

Yeah I won’t be chasing it up 😂

Here’s the customs declaration for reference, this has been stuck on top of the original shipper label, I’ve tried to peel it off to see what’s underneath without any luck 

9-B0942-B4-2-D41-4-D5-E-8-CF5-980-BC5-E1

• Haha 1

This is very strange,  just got a parcel.  it is my house number/postcode  but the road is made up.  The phone number seems to be a scam  also original item price is 50p  but the extra sticker says £18  Return address is one world house pump lane   looks like someone is adding the extra sticker  also parcel was empty. 

• Confused 3

On 25/10/2022 at 10:23, .AJ. said:

Vitavon offered a $30 refund to help cover the customs charge, but I declined it, in reply they said they will offer me a discount on my next order 👍 

very cool of them AJ awesome customer service wish more companies were like that !!

• Like 1

To me it looks like some kind of scam,  don't know if they want you to phone the number  or meant to send out a invoice.   But very strange saying a 50p item is worth £20 

• Like 1

I have seen a scam going around where people manage to put a fake fee sticker on your post. Just pointing it out. Had it myself.  Parcel said I had £65 fees to pay.  Called up to pay it.  Got told it was only £25 and they had no idea why my parcel said 65. **** knows how they do it.  But if they can scan people they will