• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Items on backorder

BlackSeaRC

What is the longest time anyone has waited for items on backorder?  I ordered some parts from Modelsport in May 2021 for which I paid in full.  6 items were delivered but 2 items were on backorder and these still haven't been supplied 8 months later.  The expected date has been put back and back.  They are still on the website and even show a cheaper price now than the price I've already paid!  How long is it reasonable to wait for parts you've already paid for?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

What is the longest time anyone has waited for items on backorder?  I ordered some parts from Modelsport in May 2021 for which I paid in full.  6 items were delivered but 2 items were on backorder and these still haven't been supplied 8 months later.  The expected date has been put back and back.  They are still on the website and even show a cheaper price now than the price I've already paid!  How long is it reasonable to wait for parts you've already paid for?

up to you really   but at the moment  many things are on a slow boat  or not even made it to the boat  as lack of materials

I don’t do backorder for that very reason, I see it as more of a “we might get some at some point, we might not” so I either look elsewhere or find something different. 

Maybe you fancy sharing which items you are missing? Somebody here may have them going spare 👍🏻

• Like 1

I'd email them and ask for a refund in the items.  Then put a email notification for the items and see if they ever do. I forgot about stuff on backorder before and we'll over a year later remembered about them and got a refund 

• Like 2

At work 25+ week lead times are pretty common for items made in China recently. On top of the manufacturing issues you then need to add another few weeks for the sea freight and then another week or so to clear UK customs. Landrover jaguar have a 12-24 month lead time on some new cars! 

RC wise I'd say I ordered some tamiya bits in September and I'm still waiting, current ETA is march. 

Yep, everything is falling apart in manufacturing and supply at the moment, especially around electronics. So I’m not surprised some RC stuff is difficult to get hold of. 

We’re getting stuck with quoted lead times on some electronic components (mostly semiconductors) of more than 16 months now, where we used to just be able to order them straight from stock. Even really big players like intel are starting to cut product lines on us because they can’t source the parts they need to build them any more (which is especially awkward when we can’t yet buy the suggested replacements because of parts shortages on those too). 

At the moment it all still seems to be getting worse rather than better. Probably not helped by a lot of big companies, particularly in automotive, suddenly trying to build up 6 months of stock on all their parts and materials where before they barely held anything at all. 

At the beginning of november i ordered some parts from Elite models online that where on backorder with a delivery date of possibly early december. I   recieved an email from them today saying delivery date is unknown and did i want to cancel the order for a full refund, which i accepted. I have found you can order parts direct from china and recieve them within 3 weeks

I wouldn't usually backorder items such as these (KillerBody parts) but I wasn't in a hurry for them.  I knew the situation regarding supply chain problems but assumed that would be resolved by now when actually it seems to have got worse.  I am prepared to wait a bit longer and will contact Modelsport and hopefully get them eventually at the new lower price.

21 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I have hoboa VTE2 on back order from Modelsport UK, hopefully it doesn't take forever to get here.

The Bitty Design Seven65 was in stock so ill get that. but now reading this thread im dubious on when that slider will arrive, if ever.