• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Body reamers

Jayce

I've got the Schumacher one, honestly one of the best tools I've ever bought. It can make body holes, open up screw holes in plastic, make axle holes in wheels larger. Use it as a scraper on bodies to trim inside wheel arches etc. 

The Schumacher one is good but any decent one would do. 

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/schumacher-body-reamer-48656?gclid=CjwKCAjwr_uCBhAFEiwAX8YJgb9-HQ00Tx3F9q5Yg8urZcyg2K0ww2nlx4jkfuJ6UlXIrT2_lurXhhoCbCEQAvD_BwE

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve always found reamers wander off line, so I just use drill bits now

I have to agree. I have a Schumacher one. Great for holes apparently, except they wander from the spot a little and you have very little control of the diameter of hole you're making. With practice you can get reasonable at making body post holes but to be honest, for anything important I find a drill and correct sized bit makes a better job.

They're ok for less important stuff like say you wanted to open a hole up a little bit, but again, they tend to bite hard into lexan and you end up with a oval shaped hope, or too big as the cutting surface bites into the material. 

• Like 1

This is the one I have: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/schumacher-body-reamer/rc-car-products/23197

It's a good tool, don't get me wrong. But when it's something important, I'll choose a drill. Maybe it's just me, but I find them hard to use for body post holes. They end up being just too big or too small as they have no way to determine the depth/diameter of cut.