• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which rc to buy next?

iForest

2 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Buy both    go on you know you want too 

1 hour ago, Iain .R said:

Me and my wife and son went out today with my 2 cars and after we had all done  i was packing the cars away and the mrs said   we need to buy another car as 2 not enough  as most the time when we go out with the cars there is 3 of us  so ones a gooseberry for 20 to 30 mins .  So said those wonderful.words   you need to bug an other RC car   

So what one..  I've only been in to RCs for a cupl months and dont have a large budget   henceforth  ftx outlaw and ftx carnage . 

I did see a U tube vid for FTX   DR -8      soooooo that looks.nice    agggghhhhh £350 . Ok give that a miss . 

there’s a couple used Granite 3s on eBay at the moment too,  there’s some deals to be had if you catch them.

Would LOVE to buy both Typhon and Kraton EXB we’ll see.

I have come to decide that I do need a Kraton EXB in my life, as well as. Typhon 6s, and a competition 1/8 buggy.

And today, given it is that particularly special day, I forced myself myself to make a decision, it will be here by the end of the week.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Guns said:

Why a Typhon AND a competition buggy?

Because I think the Typhon will take a really good all round bashing, I really like the buggy look, I think I will care for a competition buggy more (ie. I probably won't bash it) and probably use it on-road, and take it to tracks.

Edited by iForest
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2021 at 18:39, Stormbringer said:

If your happy with the Outlaw and Carnage stick with them as youl know their good/bad points :cheers:

some of other makes can be pricey :good:

Thats what I thought  as they are fun  fantastic price  loads parts  and when we had them for a bit we can upgrade them faster  so  well happy . 

7 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Very nice, i am still trying to decide and cant make my mind up so just not gonna bother, that Typhon looks sweet

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO   outlaws   come join the outlaw.    Lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

The 6s is a proper 1/8 buggy with a alloy chassis and the 3s is a cheaper plastic tub chassis buggy 

thank you mate 🙂 

just watching teh video of comparison now, should have watched tat before i posted 😄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

so the difference between 3s typhon and 6s typhon is one can only take 3s and the other one can only take 6s? is that correct?

The 6s can take 4s too. Metal chassis, shocks and some other bits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

I'm still seriously tempted by a Typhon.

After having the 3s and loving it I just wanted more. I think without question there will be an EXB of some sorts this year for the Typhon, but by that time mine might be at that spec.

I like the looks and the fact that is just goes when you pull the trigger.

I think its it's so versatile the Typhon which is also what I really like about it.

• Like 1