• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

I honestly believe all of the problems with the XTR are genuinely down to a bad batch of the knuckles, and it was luck of the draw if you got one with good or bad ones. They said to me that the plastic didn't set or age right or something, it was a while back.

Nature of the hobby, you bend it, you mend it. 

Look at it this way, if you bought a brand new Ford Focus, drove it off the forecourt and straight into a brick wall, you wouldn't exactly take it back for a refund, or would you?

At the end of the day, you broke it. I know it sucks, I've been there many times, but they're only toys. I've spent four figures getting trucks reliable, well over double their purchase price. It was definitely worth it, but I doubt I'd do it again. 

28 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

So i sent the car back, then Corally got back to me about the broken parts but it was too late as the car was already on it's way to AT. Corally ended up speaking to ATModels on my behalf as i was extremely ****** off they were trying to make me pay for the damage and i really don't think it's my fault this happened. Corally turned round and said pretty much no no no wtf? but more politely and then got in contact with AT.

I'm now getting the car back with all the parts to repair it plus spares and a free service pack 2. I honestly can't fault Corally for the customer service they have gone above and beyond to help me and i think has probably been the best customer service experience i've ever had in my life. He really was trying to do everything he could to make sure i keep the car and hopefully he can send me the parts so this hopefully doesn't happen again. Failing that i'll just buy the Arrma balls as i've heard that pretty much fixes the issue and they have to take a really hard whack to be able to pop them out.

Cant really moan at Corally there to be honest. Hopefully you have better luck this time!

33 minutes ago, Tug said:

Nature of the hobby, you bend it, you mend it. 

Look at it this way, if you bought a brand new Ford Focus, drove it off the forecourt and straight into a brick wall, you wouldn't exactly take it back for a refund, or would you?

At the end of the day, you broke it. I know it sucks, I've been there many times, but they're only toys. I've spent four figures getting trucks reliable, well over double their purchase price. It was definitely worth it, but I doubt I'd do it again. 

Not when i was driving it like a granny. I know what you're saying but it should have never broke the way it did from a soft landing. Even Corally said sorry, so it's not like they don't know

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

well at least youve got a result there mate and Corally customer service is great :good:

Hopefully the parts they are sending solve your problem with it :cheers:

So do i lol, Hopefully it's not going to be another Carnage 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi

Well that saves you choosing something else then, haha!

Are they sending you the re-designed steering knuckles, or just ones in the stronger material, I’d be interested to hear how they perform?

Arrma pivot balls didn’t help mine in any measurable way. I think you would need to change all of the assembly, knuckles, hexes, hybrid driveshaft, and steering rod ends as “rc guy garage” did, to get a reliable Arrma fix. I priced it up but decided to wait see what Corally would do?

I know they care, but waiting sucks!

Best of luck.

Cheers

Steve

I seem to remember talk of a duff batch of wings now you said that! Plastic came out way too brittle. The wing on my Radix (same wing) has done approx 976 cartwheels with no splits (yet, you watch me obliterate it at the weekend now I said that)

I don't think he's sending me any "new" parts, just the service pack 2 from what i can tell.

I'll try another stock wing, if it don't last i'll have a route around on ali and banggood. I need a new servo soon anyway i think. The guy i've been speaking to said the V2 parts are better than whats on the car currently. I thought being an XTR it would have these parts on it in the first place!!!

I must have got all the bad moulds on this one 😫

Edited by Scottyb

prior to posting what I did I looked at the pictures of the XTR on Modelsport and they're solid composite links like on my Radix. I guess there was an XTR V1 then, the place you bought it from must have had some really old stock laying around!

edit: The Corally website also shows one piece links.

Edited by Darren Frosty