• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

I do like all the improvements and upgrades they are bringing out and how fast they are coming now but it's getting expensive. I've already upgraded a bit like the drive cups and stuff but looking at everything else i want it's close to £200 lol
I imagine it will be a pretty bullet proof rig after the upgrades though

I think people have been steering clear of them coz of some of the ****posting/slating vids on youtube. Yes i had a bit of a strop when i first got mine coz it broke ridiculously fast but since the new hubs it's been on par / better than my Hyper VS which took an absolute pasting. If you can get one for around £300 they are an absolute bargain and insanely good / fast / fun for the money. I would snap SWF's up just for spares but can't afford it with christmas coming. His really is a steal and i'm surprised no one has ripped his hand off yet!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottyb said:

I think people have been steering clear of them coz of some of the ****posting/slating vids on youtube. Yes i had a bit of a strop when i first got mine coz it broke ridiculously fast but since the new hubs it's been on par / better than my Hyper VS which took an absolute pasting. If you can get one for around £300 they are an absolute bargain and insanely good / fast / fun for the money. I would snap SWF's up just for spares but can't afford it with christmas coming. His really is a steal and i'm surprised no one has ripped his hand off yet!

the one swf got has some good mods, if i do get one then it would be swf.

• Like 2

Before i got my Kronos i was going to go for a Kraton 

Then the Kronos came out and i preferred the look of that over the Kraton so started looking at Kronos v Kraton vids and although the Kronos did break the Kraton didnt seem to fair as well as the Kronos in the vids i saw

Then my son @Yrkoon jumped in and got a v1 Kronos lol so i waited on the v2's to come out and got 1

Were both very pleased with the Corally offering tho :good:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late to the party, but pulled the trigger on an XTR in November. I detailed my build on another forum but have recently imported that thread here. 

The Kronos is a high value platform from what I gather and the XTR merely adds some 7075 alloy and some other bling to the mix. 

Torox/Kuron 825 ESC/Motor combo is surprisingly potent when compared to other companies offerings. Whilst based on a Max 8 ESC, the TC branded stuff certainly rips.

Pillow Balls had a tendancy to pull out of the hub's and/or wishbones with some people, though not all. New revised hubs were put into production, though new Kronos still have the original items. That being said, Corally ship the revised items gratis to new owners with a valid receipt. 

These trucks are exactly what the market needs. 

Some of the videos on YouTube are laughable. People need to maintain their critical thinking and understand what motivates people to do what they do. 

I'm very particular with my RC's and the XTR hasn't disappointed in any way. I've been very open and honest with my appraisal, as you can read here: Kronos XTR Build

My last major build was a Team Xray XT8, the quality of which is often considered a bench mark. Yet the XTR has still impressed me in numerous ways. I think it's a great rig. 👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Thats more than a Kraton EXB? I thought Corally’s USP was their value?

They typically sell for around £320 from UK sellers. On black Friday, they were down to £299.

15 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I was gonna say…

£500 plus for the 2022 version - most buyers would be happy to wait til the price settles. Getting one before everyone else? More ££. 

Is it just me - or does anybody else here find the corally website frustrating? I've been searching the site this evening and I've broken 2 perfectly good monitors already...... 🤣

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, horatio said:

Is it just me - or does anybody else here find the corally website frustrating? I've been searching the site this evening and I've broken 2 perfectly good monitors already...... 🤣

yeh can be extra frusttrating if your after the after market deals they do for upgrades and where to go to enter your receipt lol

Edited by Yrkoon