• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MSUK-Forums Favourite Basher Nominations

Nick

The toughest car I've owned is my EB4 S2, converted to brushless, that thing took some serious abuse. Probably the most fun car I've owned was the tiny Carisma GT24-TR. That little beast would do standing backflips and hold its own at the skatepark with the bigger cars😊

(sorry about all the slow mo 😂

• Like 1

Here’s my picks,

1. Tamiya lunchbox (or chassis variant)

2. Tamiya  tt01, it drifts, rallies and tours with simple differences and unlimited parts supply lol.

3, Hpi firestorm (bit boring but solid truck!)

4. Traxxas, can’t put a finger on a model, I’ve owned many and all have done well with minimal breakages. If I had to go for one them the slash 2wd or 4wd, super fun!

5. Losi 5t, pretty much the ultimate large scale basher!

6. Hyper 7 has to be one of the most durable Rc (in electric form) made.

7. Axial scx10 one of the best scale trucks ever made!

8, Traxxas Trx4, takes the abuse and carries on and although not the first but brought portals to the masses......

10 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

The toughest car I've owned is my EB4 S2, converted to brushless, that thing took some serious abuse. 

I love my eb4 s2 but I haven't had enough experience with it yet. Good to know it's so tough. I'm good at breaking cars :(

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2019 at 19:23, Nick said:

We want to find out what MSUK-Forum's favourite bashing model is, based on our communities vote.

Nominate what your favourite bashing model is, this can be anything out of the box, for strength or just novelty... MT, buggy, nitro/electric/petrol, truggy, old or new...

Once we have a set of nominations, myself and the other staff will sort them into a knockout voting system, pair them up, head to head, you vote which goes through to the next round, until we have the MSUK-Forums Best Basher!

So what models would YOU nominate as the ultimate basher? :)

Nominations so far:

• Traxxas Slash 4x4
  • Traxxas Slash 4x4

• HoBao Hyper 7

• Arrma Senton 6s

• Tamiya Konghead

• HPI Firestorm

• Tamiya Lunchbox

• Absima ab3.4

• HPI Firestorm

• Traxxas X-Maxx

GV bl cage because it is a full aluminium buggy that is practically unbreakable check out my YouTube channel and you’ll see why 

Edited by Smith Racing And Hobbies

1 - Arrma Granite 3S

2 - Traxxas Slash 4x4

3 - Tekno MT410

Box stock and purely from a smiles per pound point of view I think the Arrma 3S line is hard to beat. Specifically the Granite which I have, seriously quick on 3S and can jump and backflip with the best of them and durable to boot 👍🏻

My hopped up nomination would be the Slash 4x4. Costs a few quid to get it really durable but once you iron out a few issues I’ve never had an RC that can take an absolute beating over and over again. So easy to work on and all important parts and hop up support is endless.

Third nomination would be Tekno MT410. Not cheap and still needs a few hop ups but even on 4S they are an absolute riot and handle so much better than a MT/Stunt Truck chassis should. Fantastic kit to build too and it gets bonus points purely for being a kit.

Edited by Bix

49 minutes ago, Nick said:

Great ones coming up! Keep them coming! :)

GV Cage is an under dog, wasn't expecting that one!

Neither was I lol. I thought they broke really easily

On 01/12/2019 at 09:23, Nick said:

• Nominations so far:
  • Traxxas Slash 4x4
  • Traxxas Summit
  • HoBao Hyper 7
  • Arrma Senton 6s
  • Tamiya Konghead
  • HPI Firestorm
  • Tamiya Lunchbox
  • Absima ab3.4
  • HPI Firestorm
  • Traxxas X-Maxx
  • Arrma Granite 3S
  • Tekno MT410
  • GV Cage
  • Kyosho Inferno VE Readyset
  • Tamiya Hornet 
  • HPI Trophy Truggy
  • Traxxas Trx4,
  • Axial scx10
  • Losi 5t
  • Tamiya  tt01
  • Savage XL
  • HPI WR8

Don't forget the TT eb4 s2 👀

Traxxas Xmaxx bcos it is king whether you have one or not it's easy to see its top dog. Its aspiration rc now. 

Like the losi5t and Baja before it. But this is the huge electric MT everybody always wanted. 

Idk if I'll ever get one but I've seen enough videos to know its king of the hill. Mountain  skate park. Hell even the lake. 

Now its 899£ for the 8s mayb I will get one some day when a nice used £450 one pops up. Afew years away mayb. But by then itll be much cheaper to buy and own I'm sure. 

Like the losi 5t was stupid but now not so bad. 

Arrma are cool but something about them just puts me off. The only one ide really consider building is the infraction? On road truck. The rest are FUGLY at best.

If arrma shouted UK brand I might be more interested in them. But it's like theyd rather people think they're USA or something. Ide like to see union Jack's on them British brand whatever not to mention loyal to uk with stock and pricing but ther not are they. 

Edited by RCbutcher

4 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

Traxxas Xmaxx bcos it is king whether you have one or not it's easy to see its top dog. Its aspiration rc now. 

Like the losi5t and Baja before it. But this is the huge electric MT everybody always wanted. 

Idk if I'll ever get one but I've seen enough videos to know its king of the hill. Mountain  skate park. Hell even the lake. 

Now its 899£ for the 8s mayb I will get one some day when a nice used £450 one pops up. Afew years away mayb. But by then itll be much cheaper to buy and own I'm sure. 

Like the losi 5t was stupid but now not so bad. 

Arrma are cool but something about them just puts me off. The only one ide really consider building is the infraction? On road truck. The rest are FUGLY at best.

If arrma shouted UK brand I might be more interested in them. But it's like theyd rather people think they're USA or something. Ide like to see union Jack's on them British brand whatever not to mention loyal to uk with stock and pricing but ther not are they. 

Losi 5ive-T is currently £550 more than it used to be, they have gone up not down Kev.

I don't really know any brand who puts their countries flag on all their RCs, or any for that matter.

Have a look at Pats channel on YouTube, he breaks his Xmaxx everytime it goes out, yes they're strong, but not what everyone thinks is king of the hill, they are just big and powerful, but so many of them have broken, whether it be V1 (which were cheese) or the slightly better V2.

I think nominations are kept best to what you've owned and beaten up dude :) 

28 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Losi 5ive-T is currently £550 more than it used to be, they have gone up not down Kev.

I don't really know any brand who puts their countries flag on all their RCs, or any for that matter.

Have a look at Pats channel on YouTube, he breaks his Xmaxx everytime it goes out, yes they're strong, but not what everyone thinks is king of the hill, they are just big and powerful, but so many of them have broken, whether it be V1 (which were cheese) or the slightly better V2.

I think nominations are kept best to what you've owned and beaten up dude :) 

Pretty sure Pats is Kevs old V1, and yes it breaks every outing. 

The X-Maxx is a great concept, but poorly executed in my opinion. Far better than any flat chassis design, but so much of it needs fixes, it's good, but not great. 

15 hours ago, Tug said:

Pretty sure Pats is Kevs old V1, and yes it breaks every outing. 

The X-Maxx is a great concept, but poorly executed in my opinion. Far better than any flat chassis design, but so much of it needs fixes, it's good, but not great. 

I believe it is, point is, not every model maker needs to make another version of something to get it right, because they are tested properly, if their are design flaws, they are address foc.

Good but not great... Excellent way to put it, for most of Traxxas and to be honest most 'bashers'

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I believe it is, point is, not every model maker needs to make another version of something to get it right, because they are tested properly, if their are design flaws, they are address foc.

Good but not great... Excellent way to put it, for most of Traxxas and to be honest most 'bashers'

I think Arrma are trying harder than Traxxas to produce tough bashers, but because so many of their range are flat ally chassis, they'll always be prone to bending. 

Some of the Traxxas chassis, namely the X-Maxx and Revo, are superb. Not indestructible, but very tough and well thought out. 

Now we ought to get back on topic. 

Edited by Tug

Just now, Tug said:

I think Arrma are trying harder than Traxxas to produce tough bashers, but because so many of their range are flat ally chassis, they'll always be prone to bending. 

Some of the Traxxas chassis, namely the X-Maxx and Revo, are superb. Not indestructible, but very tough and well thought out. 

If it's the right material, then no, but yes I think most have had a chassis bent once or twice, I also have to agree, I also think the electrics, at least in mine are better.

I think the 3s version is overlooked, but it's almost as quick as the 6s version, for a lot less money and a lot less stress on the drivetrain etc...

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

If it's the right material, then no, but yes I think most have had a chassis bent once or twice, I also have to agree, I also think the electrics, at least in mine are better.

I think the 3s version is overlooked, but it's almost as quick as the 6s version, for a lot less money and a lot less stress on the drivetrain etc...

But isn't that drive-train plastic including the crown gear on top of the diff cup? Not that I've heard of them being an issue. 

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

But isn't that drive-train plastic including the crown gear on top of the diff cup? Not that I've heard of them being an issue. 

I'd have to go through it to find out, all I know is, it takes pack after pack after pack of abuse, worst thing that's happened to me is a tyre ripping.

It was one of those RCs I unboxed, put a battery in and have beaten from day one, never checked any nuts, bolts, oils or grease lol.

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

I'd have to go through it to find out, all I know is, it takes pack after pack after pack of abuse, worst thing that's happened to me is a tyre ripping.

It was one of those RCs I unboxed, put a battery in and have beaten from day one, never checked any nuts, bolts, oils or grease lol.

Other than adjusting the mesh, my 6S Senton is the same, just charge and go. Rear body posts are all I've broke.