• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Maxx

Fly In My Soup

On 31/10/2019 at 18:00, Guns said:

Just being Nosy here. I saw on Instagram the Maxx is out tomorrow if you buy from Modelsports shop, but they cant mail order/post them till the 1st December,  any idea why?

New Traxxas policy 😡👎

5 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

What’s the point of making it collection only for a month?? 

"Global launch". 

Which of course is moronic considering you can buy it in person already. 

• Thanks 1

Some retailers are already selectively shipping anyway... for example i know someone who lives 3 hrs away from the shop they ordered from (and 2 hrs from ANY model shop) and their Maxx was delivered yesterday then i know someone who lives about 45 mins away from the same shop who ordered at the same time ant their maxx has not been dispatched-  they do plan on collecting at the weekend if it hasn't been delivered though.

This was a stupid policy from traxxas,  they should have just said stores can not ship internationally if they wanted to "protect other markets" like they claimed

Edited by Simmyoto

Or just wait the 20 odd days and savour the anticipation...  in the meantime u can play with one of the other countless rc's that most of us have sitting on a shelf.

A slightly frustrating scenario, and ill advised policy on trx part for sure, but very much a first world 'issue' 😀 Just hope it proves to be worth the wait.

• Haha 2

Imagine living in one of those houses, with that track etc right outside your door...don't think I'd get a lot else done. 

Truck holds up well, which surprised me having watched some of the disasters stateside.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LifeofBrian said:

I loved the idea of my old Traxxas EMAXX but in practice it broke every single time I took it out and with minimal abuse. If this new MAXX is tough I may have to get one.

I have two E-Maxx, both took considerable funds to make bashable. You need to spend the purchase price again on upgrades. In stock form they're weak as kittens. 

This new truck is proving durable, but I'm sure Traxxas have only done that to keep up with the competition. 

10 hours ago, Tug said:

I have two E-Maxx, both took considerable funds to make bashable. You need to spend the purchase price again on upgrades. In stock form they're weak as kittens. 

This new truck is proving durable, but I'm sure Traxxas have only done that to keep up with the competition. 

I agree. My old Slash was the same. That's what annoys me about Traxxas and why they have more upgrades than most other brands, they need them because they are made weak. But like you say, with new brands like Arrma they have to step up their game. 'Bout time.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, LifeofBrian said:

I agree. My old Slash was the same. That's what annoys me about Traxxas and why they have more upgrades than most other brands, they need them because they are made weak. But like you say, with new brands like Arrma they have to step up their game. 'Bout time.

Exactly! They make rigs that're fun to drive, but break at the merest of rough handling. This is why competition is healthy. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I liked the first look of it..after few month with a single Xray XT8e 2019, this was the one i wanted..doing the same with it as i allways do..2 front bulk upper broken, 1 c hub and a rear hub..i ditched the stock esc for a Max8..geared 26/46 ofc..now with widekit..but the eac get warm...so i went with a Max6, and 6s ofcourse..running steel cvds ( after 15 packs and 3 plastic, it was a must ).

I like it a lot for what it is..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...