• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx ravine 1:10 RTR crawler

Fly In My Soup

ftx5574-1.jpg

The Ravine is ready navigate the tightest and steepest terrain you can throw at it with it’s multi M.O.A. axle design and multiple steering modes.

Inspired by full sized caged crawlers, the Ravine features and M.O.A. (motor over axle) design for a lower centre of gravity and more control front and rear. In addition the Ravine’s is fitted with steering servos both front and rear for a full array of different steering options. These steer-ing options can be easily switched while on the move via the transmitter providing you with instant help when navigating the trail. Stuck in a tight spot? Switch to the 4-Wheel-steering option for a tighter turning circle at low speed or at high speed or on softer surfaces change direction with the crab model. The options are limitless for you to explore all kinds of terrain with the Ravine.

Multi-link suspension matched with oil filled shocks provides huge articulation for you carve your way through the rocks. Supersoft, heavy lugged 2.2” tyres mounted on beadlock wheels pro-vide the traction and bite for you to apply the power.

Topped off with a tubu-lar rollcaged body and interior set, the FTX Ravine is ready for you to go climbing!

FTX Ravine RTR 4WD/4WS M.O.A. Rock Crawler Features:

• 2.4ghz radio system
  • Switchable steering modes
  • M.O.A. (Motor-on-axle) design
  • 4-wheel drive & 4-wheel steering
  • Two 6kg rated steering servos
  • Two 380 sized motors
  • Li-Ion 2S 7.4V 1500mAh battery
  • USB Balance charger
  • Ball bearings
  • Oil filled shock absorbers
  • Front & rear 4-link suspension
  • Scale inspired roll cage crawler frame, panels & cockpit
  • TVP chassis design
  • Beadloc wheels
  • Aggressive pattern all terrain tyres

ftx5574.jpg

ftx5574-2.jpg

ftx5574-4.jpg

ftx5574-5.jpg

Spec Check:

• Length: 440mm
  • Width:230mm
  • Height:275mm
  • Weight:1750g
  • Wheelbase:320mm
  • Gear Ratio: 1:40.25
  • Tyre Diameter: 130mm
  • Wheel Diameter: 63mm
  • Ground Clearance: 45mm

Please Note: This kit is sold in RTR (Ready-to-run) format but requires 3 x AA batteries for completion.

ftx5574-6.jpg

link

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=435354

price

£110

View full news article

For me FTX should have held back on the Kanyon, the Outback Fury and this.

three very similar vehicles in a very short space of time means compromises.

I would have preferred if they released none of the above and instead they concentrated their R&D on something that would BE MORE AKIN TO THE Carisma SCA-1E or even an Axial SCX10

7 hours ago, stupar said:

I would have preferred if they released none of the above and instead they concentrated their R&D on something that would BE MORE AKIN TO THE Carisma SCA-1E or even an Axial SCX10

Not there market though - entry level all the way for FTX.  FTX are a subsidiary of CML distribution - and as such just a brand name - an RC will be sourced to meet a gap in the market (usually entry level for FTX brand) then ordered and branded as FTX.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2018 at 07:22, capri-boy said:

Not for me or many of us but I expect them to sell loads at the inevitable £99 point.  Though it looks atypical FTX there's some concerning hints that it's crossing the line into toy grade.

Your definitely right about looking toy grade. The switch on the underside, the li-ion packs, and the motor guards all in one piece of plastic!

i own an outlaw so i quite like ftx and do rate them as a good entry level model but i've got no love for this at all! :( 

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

Let’s just say, I’ll refrain from offering my thoughts....... :whistling:

witch hunts and angry mobs spring to mind. :ph34r: :rofl:

My experience with FTX has been less than enjoyable, and dont see me buying another ftx branded car/truck hobby grade or toy grade

• Like 1

The new Fury appears very well made, and a massive step up, and it's a true 1/10 size.

The Kanyon is also quite good, yes it's a bit big, and basically a crawler with a scaler shell, but the build quality is there, and appeals to the target market.

2 years ago I would have told people to stay away from FTX, but now I say go for it, they just need to step up there game with the build quality of there ESC's now.

On 18/12/2018 at 09:23, bigoggy said:

The new Fury appears very well made, and a massive step up, and it's a true 1/10 size.

The Kanyon is also quite good, yes it's a bit big, and basically a crawler with a scaler shell, but the build quality is there, and appeals to the target market.

2 years ago I would have told people to stay away from FTX, but now I say go for it, they just need to step up there game with the build quality of there ESC's now.

The fury is far too much money, the carisma sca1e (for the extra £20) blows this out the water in terms of build quality, reliability, capability etc. 

the kanyon is utter pap, the way the body mounts and bumpers mount speaks volumes for me, as you say a crawler (not a great one either) with a “scale” (in the loosest possible way) shell and it still looks plain wrong.

one thing I will say though, ftx brought scale crawling to the masses knocking out their line of entry level scale crawlers,  they made a market for them to which carisma (already made some decent stuff) walked in and snapped up the market.

i get slagged off every time a ftx thread gets started for “offering” my opinions so won’t be long before the torches are lit and the pitch forks waved.

will these be like the old scx10 and be class leaders for years, can’t see it really....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2018 at 10:29, stupar said:

FTX dont seem to have R and D. They just buy cheaper cars from China and label them FTX. E.g. Vantage =£109. Vandal rtr (exactly the same) = £80 and that's brushless as well as retail from Hobbyking UK.

On 21/12/2018 at 06:33, Gaz! said:

The fury is far too much money, the carisma sca1e (for the extra £20) blows this out the water in terms of build quality, reliability, capability etc. 

the kanyon is utter pap, the way the body mounts and bumpers mount speaks volumes for me, as you say a crawler (not a great one either) with a “scale” (in the loosest possible way) shell and it still looks plain wrong.

one thing I will say though, ftx brought scale crawling to the masses knocking out their line of entry level scale crawlers,  they made a market for them to which carisma (already made some decent stuff) walked in and snapped up the market.

i get slagged off every time a ftx thread gets started for “offering” my opinions so won’t be long before the torches are lit and the pitch forks waved.

will these be like the old scx10 and be class leaders for years, can’t see it really....

Gaz, i support what your saying, to me the only half decent one is a Mauler once it has been stripped and rebuilt with decent parts and care

For the price they are more than half decent...well my Bugsta I paid £95 for sure is. Is it anywhere near as good as my Hyper ST Pro, heck no but then that set up cost 4 times the price. It’s easy to forget how good value these actually cars are.

If there are more ‘decent’ cars for the same money I would be intrigued to know.

• 9 months later...

Hehe, I just bought one of these on a whim while browsing a local-ish Action Model Center in Torquay. For £109 all in, I know it's effectively toy grade, but with 4 wheel steer options, and about 75 degrees of articulation it's all fun so far in my living room! I've already thrown out the foam mouses from the tires and softened the suspension a little. There is oil in the dampers but the chassis and shell are so light that it just bounces off the floor when dropped from 12 inches up.

The on/off switch is actually soft neoprene or something, you have to squidge in and hold it to switch it. And the central lower half of the motor/diff housing is removable, presumably for servicing or repairs/replacement. There are four different sizes of ballraces in the spares selection and I've already seen the inner/outer drive hub ones, so the others must be at the inboard end of the drive shafts and in the gearbox.  Hmm, hang on, I'll check. Nope, can't get the steering hub carriers off as the drive shafts coming out of the diff casing have pressed in metal pins for the PLASTIC STEERING DRIVE CUPS.  So I can't move the carriers out far enough to separate the diff/motor casing!! I'll do it if I have to, but not right now thanks!

Anyway, despite having a goodly bunch of ballraces, it's still a toy with plastic drive cups with no optional metal upgrades. Do any of their others have metal drive cups? Maybe they'll fit.

Edited by cheapo
Spollong mistook

• 6 months later...