• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbot

tamiyafanboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KT was the sole reason I got the Senton. I wanted something that was tough, durable, fun and i could hand to my daughter to have fun with with no cares of her turning into kit form. She wont even go near my Xray cos thats my baby!

His videos do seem to be improving lately, even though theyre less frequent. I also like that Max lad he is bashing with lately, he is chaos. That said, I didnt like the ‘forced’ runaway with the DBXL, that was a bit reckless, but hey he probably made the money back for the damage off views alone

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

His videos do seem to be improving lately, even though theyre less frequent. I also like that Max lad he is bashing with lately, he is chaos. That said, I didnt like the ‘forced’ runaway with the DBXL, that was a bit reckless, but hey he probably made the money back for the damage off views alone

Agree with all of this. The forced runaway was ultimate clickbait. But enjoying the videos otherwise

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I enjoy watching, he always says if you are enjoying yourself then that's what matters.

Love the field fixes the cobble together.

If you don't like him, there's always the off button.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy his channel, he bills it as not a tutorial or educational, but I've not just learnt a lot from watching his channel, but also gained a lot of confidence and inspiration from it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Ill pre face this by saying. Im a massive fan of Kevin Talbots RC videos. Ive been a subscriber for a while and whilst I appreciate his style isnt to everyones taste, I loved his RC content. 

That said, I felt lately he was more interested in non RC content. Thats completely fine. Its his channel and he can do as he pleases. I also get that RC is a bit stagnant, and with 2.5m followers, he has probably outgrown RC. Financially I understand why he is doing what he is doing, and Id do the same. 

However, recently Ive been getting a bit "annoyed" (term used lightly) when it pings up a new notification and its non RC related. I follow his youtube channel for RC, nothing else personally. I dont want to see anything else from it PERSONALLY. It appears others feel the same so he has decided to split the channel

I personally like this idea, as I can un sub from his main channel and continue to follow the RC channel. End of the day its his channel, he can put what he wants on it. He knows whats successful and what works both for him and financially. I disagree with him when he says "not an RC channel" because to me, it was and RCs "boom" rapidly accelerated his channels growth. 

I understand and agree with his reasons, but personally I think the RC side has a chance of dying a death (not necessarily Kevs fault, how many times can you take an X Maxx to a skate park?) and Kev can move into what HE wants to do and what works for him, which is fair enough he owes us nothing I guess. Still disappointing if the RC side dies off. 

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Thoughts? Channels where passion is followed survive, those where they chase the algorithm tend to turn to **** (Sorry RC Kicks). If Kev’s happy his content will be enjoyable, if he’s going through the motions it will look like it. 

Sideways off topic, I really enjoyed this bash video (from a non-bash youtuber SBG Matt), same bash  perspective but filmed like a Top Gear special.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2023 at 16:32, Kpowell911 said:

Ill pre face this by saying. Im a massive fan of Kevin Talbots RC videos. Ive been a subscriber for a while and whilst I appreciate his style isnt to everyones taste, I loved his RC content. 

That said, I felt lately he was more interested in non RC content. Thats completely fine. Its his channel and he can do as he pleases. I also get that RC is a bit stagnant, and with 2.5m followers, he has probably outgrown RC. Financially I understand why he is doing what he is doing, and Id do the same. 

However, recently Ive been getting a bit "annoyed" (term used lightly) when it pings up a new notification and its non RC related. I follow his youtube channel for RC, nothing else personally. I dont want to see anything else from it PERSONALLY. It appears others feel the same so he has decided to split the channel

I personally like this idea, as I can un sub from his main channel and continue to follow the RC channel. End of the day its his channel, he can put what he wants on it. He knows whats successful and what works both for him and financially. I disagree with him when he says "not an RC channel" because to me, it was and RCs "boom" rapidly accelerated his channels growth. 

I understand and agree with his reasons, but personally I think the RC side has a chance of dying a death (not necessarily Kevs fault, how many times can you take an X Maxx to a skate park?) and Kev can move into what HE wants to do and what works for him, which is fair enough he owes us nothing I guess. Still disappointing if the RC side dies off. 

Thoughts?

I've been losing interest in his channel for a while, it seemed like he was running out of content. He moved onto the odd boat, helicopter, then a lot of nitro models, none of which interest me. I've subscribed to his other channel now, hopefully it'll feature more of what I want to see.

Actually, I've started watching Tomley a lot more than Talbot now. 

Edited by PumpkinPie

18 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

I've been losing interest in his channel for a while, it seemed like he was running out of content. He moved onto the odd boat, helicopter, then a lot of nitro models, none of which interest me. I've subscribed to his other channel now, hopefully it'll feature more of what I want to see.

Actually, I've started watching Tomley a lot more than Talbot now. 

Tomley is number 1 for me too. I noticed he had a video/post titled ‘biggest UK dedicated RC Channel’ or something along those lines and I had a wry smile and agreed with it. Im sure Kevin will be absolutely fine with his new followings, but for me its not the priority anymore.

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

Personally I don't mind him and find he has amazing skills especially with helicopters.

But he did have abit of a rant about people thinking RC is big business and how clubs find it Big business and take it too serious  when at the end of the day its grown men playing with toy cars.

Then I thought but Kev, for you it is big business really as that's what has made you all your money etc on YouTube when you started out..

Maybe he just didn't word it correctly but I do agree, there is people that do take it way too seriously, I remember years ago there would be someone that would shout and swear at the marshals if they didn't get his sons car back on the track fast enough etc...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve-O2021 said:

But he did have abit of a rant about people thinking RC is big business and how clubs find it Big business and take it too serious  when at the end of the day its grown men playing with toy cars.

Then I thought but Kev, for you it is big business really as that's what has made you all your money etc on YouTube when you started out..

Maybe he just didn't word it correctly but I do agree, there is people that do take it way too seriously, I remember years ago there would be someone that would shout and swear at the marshals if they didn't get his sons car back on the track fast enough etc...

You must be in my head!! Haha. I thought exactly the same. RC is big business to him, just as it is to those who take their club racing far too seriously. Id argue moreso for Kev as its paying his bills. 

Must admit, Ive enjoyed his latest RC vids on the Losi bike more so than Ive enjoyed anything of his in the past few months, so thats refreshing to see that all might not be lost for RC on his channel. Although he was waffling about crime/litter/politics a bit too much as per usual haha. Im not going to comment on the Raffalls, because everyones at it, and Id do the same if I could get those ridiculous sums for my unwanted stuff. As would we all. It was Good to see some "old school" fun RC content though on his RC Channel though so 🙂

• Like 1