• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best all round 1.9 tyre?

.AJ.

The hyrax are fabulous in the dry, but introduce them to moisture and they just clog up. Really disappointed by them but went with loads of recommendations from across the pond. Stock foams aren’t too bad though.

now from what I know of you mate (and your builds) go for some Pitbull tires, (I know :ph34r:)

i have rock beasts in both sizes and are nothing but exceptional. Even with their own foams, god knows how good they would be with some crawler innovations gear in them.

ive had lots of different tyres, budget to high end and thought rc4wd had the market but no that’s a big NO! Pitbull for me.

saying that is it voodoo? Who do tyres too? They are supposed to be good too.

just one thing though, Pitbull tyres don’t like rc4wd wheels, all the ssd ones work though :good:

gimme me a shout if you need owt else mate, and dibs on the leftovers please :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My current rubber of choice is the boom racing hustlers. I’ve found them so good it feels like cheating!  Used them in the damp recently too and they seem to de-clog pretty good. Out performed a friend who was running the pro-line hyrax and as @Gaz! mentioned the hyrax clogged to the point they may as well have been racing slicks. 

I run the 113mm version but they come smaller and larger and include 2 stage foams.

Edited by Wabom1981
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve ordered the Rock Beasts i linked, im going to stick with the standard foams tho ?

Yeah, the stock foams aren’t too bad at all, thought about ordering the ci’s for mine, glad I held off, with the excessive weight of my trx4 they hold really well and deform just enough.

again though mate, it’s all down to personal set-ups. :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I thought I'd revive this thread as I'm planning to buy a set of crawler tyres and don't want to make an expensive mistake.

I'm guessing things have moved on a bit in the four years since this thread was started, so come on folks... what in your opinion,  is the best all round 1.9?

“3 years later”, 😆 

Just bumping this up in the hope someone notices it. 
Really baffled by all the choices and don’t want to spend £40+ on rubbish tyres.

17 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

also depends what outer diameter you want i went for the fake trax canyon trails as they are 116mm diameter

Diameter? Blimey, another thing to factor into the decision.

The stock wheels are 1.5’s and the stock tyres seem pretty good, as far as I can tell after 3 hours use, but are significantly smaller than the 1.9’s on my Stout. 

The reason for new tyres is partly for slightly extra ground clearance, so I suppose a larger diameter is what I’m after? 
TBH I don’t have a clue whether 116mm is big or small.
I want them to look scale too, so don’t want to go for 2.2’s.

Obviously need to do more research.

35 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I recently got a set of fake traxxas 1.9`s from ali express for about £14 posted very happy for price..............Duratrax showdowns and deep woods look smart and hearing some good on them but more cash

These are going to be a birthday present to myself, so don’t mind shelling out a few quid if they are going to be good.

2 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Diameter? Blimey, another thing to factor into the decision.

The stock wheels are 1.5’s and the stock tyres seem pretty good, as far as I can tell after 3 hours use, but are significantly smaller than the 1.9’s on my Stout. 

The reason for new tyres is partly for slightly extra ground clearance, so I suppose a larger diameter is what I’m after? 
TBH I don’t have a clue whether 116mm is big or small.
I want them to look scale too, so don’t want to go for 2.2’s.

Obviously need to do more research.

These are going to be a birthday present to myself, so don’t mind shelling out a few quid if they are going to be good.

What truck is it? And what wheels are you mounting too?