• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

My thoughts... i say they have produced one of the most detailed  F-150 shells, so credit to them for that and i rather like the hi-lift on this, but all but ruined it by painting windows out and then putting black stickers on the windows, over on YT people are talking about taking of the portals, going 1.9`s to dropped the ride height.

Had the windows been clear i may well of got one but i would not be happy because of this issue, other people might not be bothered

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi i am new to the world of crawling and just got myself a trx4 defender and am really enjoying it, i have done a few mods already but today when i was out and have gone through some pretty deep water my wheels have filled up and now when i lay it down horrible brown water leaks out everywhere in the house making a mess, is there something i can do to stop this, i have fastrax heavy weight alloy wheels and sweep tyres fitted, thanks

25B8DAAB-C38E-4DAC-9938-AD5265581398.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1

33 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Hi i am new to the world of crawling and just got myself a trx4 defender and am really enjoying it, i have done a few mods already but today when i was out and have gone through some pretty deep water my wheels have filled up and now when i lay it down horrible brown water leaks out everywhere in the house making a mess, is there something i can do to stop this, i have fastrax heavy weight alloy wheels and sweep tyres fitted, thanks

25B8DAAB-C38E-4DAC-9938-AD5265581398.jpeg

The only way I know how is it block the air holes on the wheels 

• Like 1

I’ve just finished my TRX 4 sport and have brought the D110 shel was a lot of money 🤦‍♂️ but I’m a big Land Rover fan so was a no brainier have a question do the inner fenders attach to the chassis or the body ?

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

the body same screws as the outer fenders

Thanks 👍 just ordered some tamiya ps-18 looking at body accessories so much for the defender can see me going broke 🤣

• Haha 1

dont overdo what you put on the roofrack as its pretty top heavy already

your better of using brass portal covers etc as that will help  the top hamper 

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

dont overdo what you put on the roofrack as its pretty top heavy already

your better of using brass portal covers etc as that will help  the top hamper 

I’m not having the roof rack just the exo cage 👍I’m not going to be crawling mor trail driving like you would in the 1:1 

I'm also looking at getting some brass bits as well won’t need a lot though I’m looking at a set of boom racing wheels that are £100 before postage 🤣 

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

wow pricy wheels im using wheels i got for 20 odd quid  from Amazon 

Very much so but just look at them https://www.boomracingrc.com/probuild-19-spectre-adjustable-offset-aluminum-beadlock-wheels-2-black-black-204409 😍

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I had a set of them for my old SCX10 were nice wheels 👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Did you mount stock tyres to these ok?

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

The only way I know how is it block the air holes on the wheels 

I was thinking this but there is no holes in the rim, the air kinda leaks between where the alloy parts go together, i was thinking of siliconing them together, would doing this do anything to the off road abilty?