• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EU referendum

Ziggy122

Voting to Stay in or out the EU  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote on the EU In or out referendum?

• In
    • Out
    • I Cant Vote yet / i Dont know yet
    • Im not going to vote

Sounds like the EU has been gradually asset stripping us:

Sounds like EU has been asset stripping us:
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Im afraid it doesn't work like that!  

Sorry it was meant for mayzie12  as they are in scotland And they want to vote in.  lol

5 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Sounds like the EU has been gradually asset stripping us:

Sounds like EU has been asset stripping us:
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

This just copied of a UKIP leave leaflet and is easily pulled apart. For a start, these are all private businesses who'll look after their shareholders first and foremost, not the nation. If a company wants to sell and asset, it will sell it to the highest bidder irrespective of national affiliation, if someone wants to sell a patent, they'll sell it to the person wants it most. 

Leaving the EU would change none of this, being out of the EU for the last 40 years wouldn't have changed any of that. If the EU gives a grant internally to one company helping it move, this will still happen if we leave. It's pure fantasy to pretend otherwise. Companies look after shareholders, not national interests.  If you're voting based on fallacy and lies like this then I really do fear for the UK.

Edited by mond

1 hour ago, mond said:

This just copied of a UKIP leave leaflet and is easily pulled apart. For a start, these are all private businesses who'll look after their shareholders first and foremost, not the nation. If a company wants to sell and asset, it will sell it to the highest bidder irrespective of national affiliation, if someone wants to sell a patent, they'll sell it to the person wants it most. 

Leaving the EU would change none of this, being out of the EU for the last 40 years wouldn't have changed any of that. If the EU gives a grant internally to one company helping it move, this will still happen if we leave. It's pure fantasy to pretend otherwise. Companies look after shareholders, not national interests.  If you're voting based on fallacy and lies like this then I really do fear for the UK.

Didn't know about the UKIP leaflet. Got this from a tech who's work has dried up due to clients being sold off. Companies keep getting persuaded to move to support jobs over there without a care for the job losses caused here.

Just thinking that if all these were bribed with incentives to move over there then the damage has been done. We may not have enough businesses up and running to be able to survive if we leave. You have to admit they did screw the fishing and mining industry straight off when we initially joined though. They had it in for us from day one, Just want our cash to bail them out all the time.

I'm done now. At the end of the day the EU are a bunch of bureaucratic greedy tossers which is not what we initially signed up for.

Probably screwed either way. So be it.

We are. The pound just took a dump and the FTSE will be down by up to 19%. Hundreds of billions wiped out and prices will go up. I guess ignorance and fear won the day.

But on the bright side I won £10 in a bet at work on the result.... Now to go get my formally 1p sweet with it

• Like 2

Not a happy Oscar either...

All on here who voted leave, good luck getting RC spares with the value of the pound having fallen and inflation is going to rocket.

Also if you voted leave based on immigration, that's not going to change anytime soon, and if it does it means leaving the free trade zone, so no more RC kits or parts from Germany or any where else in Europe.

Well done people... when it all goes wrong (already started, the economy is looking very bad), us who voted remain will say "I told you so"

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the UK calls an emergency meeting of the EU and demands immediate changes or else. Then maybe if the EU finally sees sense and makes real changes there'd be another referendum.  Could happen, maybe ???

John

Head of the EU said if we voted leave there would be no renegotiations, so people went ahead and voted leave...

Good luck trying to make the above work.

I also think that the EU will give us some pretty bad terms, to make as an example for other EU countries who think about leaving, what kind of conditions they could expect which I'm sure won't be good for us.

• Like 2

Well so much for Dave saying he would get us out of the EU with good terms   if that's what the people wanted.  I know he said it a while ago but come on.

Also why jump ship so soon  as he could of just kept us in  as the vote was close.  Also i know the EU will give us a bad deal  but remember our government will want a big slice of the pie so they will probable fiddle us out of a bit.

Edited by turok007

this is like a wild river run in a rubber ring. we dont know whats round the corner ( this is the first time ever we been out of the EU since it started)
You just knew camerron was gonna walk , leaving the EU was a big poke at the establishment and him , cuts cuts and just mostly forked words about what he said he did/could gain from staying in.

like i said IF THEY TOLD THE TRUTH we would nodoubt still be in the EU , but you cannot scare monger a country into something there was no true real info about.
if we leave the world would stop and the galaxy would implode - if we stayed the universe would rewind back to the big bang and cookies would become the main staple currency.

there was no real, hey look this is the true facts yes it could be bad and we are unsure if we left what would happen but the voting choice is in the peoples hands and we the gov would stand by our public if they vote either etc etc. 

mathmatics-science etc etc can all predict an outcome but its never wrote in gold, its a new day and a new dawn and we head into the UNKNOWN , yes hobbys stuff will be hard to come by  but we are british and we can now make our own markets and deals 

• Like 3

What a historic day. 2 fingers up to the establishment and i'm happy we've been brave enough to do it. 

We'll get trade deals, we're the 5th biggest economy in the world, too big to be ignored. We can set our own laws and taxes that suit us as a country not have them imposed on us by an un elected foreign elite.

Now i'd like an independant Yorkshire :harhar:

• Like 1

The start of a journey..... Trouble is, no one knows what the end of the journey looks like (pot of riches, or a pile of ashes) or the outcomes we will or won't have at that stage.... 

My opinion is its a bloody disaster!  

The rest of the EU will be VERY difficult about our decision.... If they don't make leaving challenging, others countries will think that was okay for the UK and will follow...  This is going to be a very messy divorce!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

The start of a journey..... Trouble is, no one knows what the end of the journey looks like (pot of riches, or a pile of ashes) or the outcomes we will or won't have at that stage.... 

I concur, A huge step backwards for the UK, Scotland next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

A very rocky road ahead indeed over the next few years. Wonder how long before they have to provide police protection for the big leave campaign names as the consequences start to hit home and unemployment climbs?

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

this is like a wild river run in a rubber ring. we dont know whats round the corner ( this is the first time ever we been out of the EU since it started)
You just knew camerron was gonna walk , leaving the EU was a big poke at the establishment and him , cuts cuts and just mostly forked words about what he said he did/could gain from staying in.

like i said IF THEY TOLD THE TRUTH we would nodoubt still be in the EU , but you cannot scare monger a country into something there was no true real info about.
if we leave the world would stop and the galaxy would implode - if we stayed the universe would rewind back to the big bang and cookies would become the main staple currency.

there was no real, hey look this is the true facts yes it could be bad and we are unsure if we left what would happen but the voting choice is in the peoples hands and we the gov would stand by our public if they vote either etc etc. 

mathmatics-science etc etc can all predict an outcome but its never wrote in gold, its a new day and a new dawn and we head into the UNKNOWN , yes hobbys stuff will be hard to come by  but we are british and we can now make our own markets and deals 

We do have a good idea. What happened this morning and is currently going on with stock markets and currency exchange rates was predicted. We've already lost 2000 jobs today to Frankfurt and Dublin. This was warned, it has happened. It was never scaremongering. You have experts in their fields, not politicians but actual experts giving pretty good and well informed predictions which should be listened too and respected. 

What do you do for a living? If I came to you for advice because that's your area of expertise, would it be right of me to say you're scaring me because the advice you've given me doesn't fit with the view of the world I want to see? When you go to a Doctor and he says you're ill, do you just brush him off as scaremongering you or do you respect that? So why wouldn't you respect someone like the Governor of the Bank of England for instance?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leeb said:

I'm not happy we'll end up with a prime minister we haven't voted for though, a general election is a must now.

You don't vote for Prime Minister, you never did and never have done. You vote for the Party, the party picks the PM. Read Winston Churchill's The Second World War. He goes over this in detail. 

• Like 1