• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 1/5th K&N Edition Desert Buggy XL

53HRA

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Is the DBXL a dead horse? How bad are they? 

Ehh? Not exactly a dead horse if they just released a new one... And for the money they are pretty good, no worse than anyother 1/5 of the same money 

Edited by .AJ.

Just now, .AJ. said:

Ehh? Not exactly a dead horse if they just released a new one...

But they seem to get slated a lot. Didn't you sell one recently? Hemistorm hated his, didn't he? 

Just now, .AJ. said:

Why did I sell mine then? Not because it was rubbish and tbh that Hemistrom review was the only bad review you will ever find

Ah, so they're ok then? Losi just decided it was rehash time! 

I hope somebody has put some research into the terrain people typically take that kind of RC vehicle, and the suitability of the air filter applied.

True, 'we' normally use 'K&N Lookalikes', but I thought the 2 main descriptions of K&N filters are durable / washable, and freer-flowing (meaning more-open pores to permit more air, and dust, in ...).

Big ?

Al.

8 minutes ago, babylon said:

Would it not be better to put another couple hundred towards a  XCR-1000.

it all depends on parts, if the xcr is different in some areas will you get the parts in 2 years with losi you will, i do like the look of the new kracken vecta, but future parts supply puts me off

Would still rather tack a gamble on the XCR, From pictures alone the quality looks far better,  Also the engine is 260 quid on its own, I know you still need radio, But 2 Savox and a Flysky have that covered for 140 quid.

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Is the DBXL a dead horse? How bad are they? 

Im pretty happy with my brushless conversion of one. After all the advice and research the only problem is the drive shaft couplers and the stock wheels are a bit naff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mond said:

Im pretty happy with my brushless conversion of one. After all the advice and research the only problem is the drive shaft couplers and the stock wheels are a bit naff. 

What is that problem? Front bones popping out? 

39 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The front has CVDs so they can't pop out, the couplers ain't a huge problem when left as a gasser

I know it has CVDs, but I've heard several reports of the bone popping out of the cup at the diff end. No? 

5 hours ago, Tug said:

What is that problem? Front bones popping out? 

It's the couplers on the shafts from the centre diff to the front and rear diffs. The pins come out which I believe is a well known problem. I replaced mine with the Team Hoonage Five version.