• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Update

Nick

As already mentioned it's too bright and really slow.

I could do with finding out how you get on the mobile version, I can't see anywhere to switch too it and the full version is unusable for me on mobile. 

Every journey starts with a single step my friend..

Thinks inevitably need to change with EOL software, so embrace it!

TBH, I have been getting fed up of a lot of the idiots on here lately.

Stuff like, someone asking about an electric basher for £100, you immediately get idiots trying to sell them a £300 nitro racer.

Now this rank amateur job has finished me off.

Mods, please delete my account.

Not experiencing any notable delay in loading times on the tablet, rarely log on via the phone myself...

I do like havinghaving the forum emoticons on the Nexus, previously they weren't available, leads to less confusion over some of my more dry comments:P

Worked out how to access the full raft of them too, rather than just the default 'cons; I iz well pleased, innit:D

TBH, I have been getting fed up of a lot of the idiots on here lately.

Stuff like, someone asking about an electric basher for £100, you immediately get idiots trying to sell them a £300 nitro racer.

Now this rank amateur job has finished me off.

Mods, please delete my account.

I would think twice before burning bridges fella, first clumbermeets and now here, only be face ache left for you before long.....-_-

• Like 1

I've done some posting now, and so have some more feedback, this time on the carriage return line spacing.

When pressing return, I get what appears to be paragraph spacing, rather than simply going to the line below my previous. This in itself is fine, and I quickly got used to it. However, when I reviewed my Yeti build thread and the old posts therein, this new spacing appears to have been implemented on those too causing a tons of space to be showing between lines.

I guess it's taking the carriage returns I originally did in them, but also now adding in the double/paragraph spacing too.  I would imagine this will affect everyone else's build threads too - it kinda ruins the layout.

Is this an option that can be switched back to how it used to be?

AND I still like the new layout and colours, I really don't understand what all this fuss is about.

• Like 1

One problem I have had Nick.I tried to become a member and when the "donation" was in my cart the site crashed when I went to pay.Banners suggested trying a different browser,I went on Firefox and the same happened.Can you address this issue please.

Gracias amigo.

Phew, lots of new posts this morning, lol.

I'm going to tweak the design a little more as that seems to be the biggest "issue" at the moment.

• Gold Membership purchase not working
  • Tapatalk giving no push notifications
  • Design colours (too bright?)
  • Homepage
  • Broken Gallery Images in Posts (possibly due to rebuilding process)
  • Broken Signatures (possibly due to rebuilding process)
  • Change to Desktop view on Mobile
  • Image Upload limit on posts
  • Broken Login Links
  • Back to top Button
  • News Menu Button
  • Paragraph spacing

The speed will improve! The rebuilding is taking a lot of the server resources but I'm hoping it will be done by this weekend (It has just finished rebuilding the posts which is by far the biggest task).

For those raging and not giving any constructive feedback, I'm not forcing you to stay here, it's a free forum, if you don't like it, go somewhere else but a big thank-you for those helping out with giving feedback and testing things, I really appreciate it. :)

• Like 2

I've just made the border around posts darker and I think this has made a big difference, what do people think?

I don't want to get more themes yet as I have a lot of other work to do, plus more themes = more problems when updating.

I've just made the border around posts darker and I think this has made a big difference, what do people think?

I don't want to get more themes yet as I have a lot of other work to do, plus more themes = more problems when updating.

yup the border has helped

Phew, lots of new posts this morning, lol.

I'm going to tweak the design a little more as that seems to be the biggest "issue" at the moment.

• Gold Membership purchase not working
  • Tapatalk giving no push notifications
  • Design colours (too bright?)
  • Homepage
  • Broken Gallery Images in Posts (possibly due to rebuilding process)
  • Broken Signatures (possibly due to rebuilding process)
  • Change to Desktop view on Mobile
  • Image Upload limit on posts
  • Broken Login Links
  • Back to top Button
  • News Menu Button
  • Paragraph spacing

The speed will improve! The rebuilding is taking a lot of the server resources but I'm hoping it will be done by this weekend (It has just finished rebuilding the posts which is by far the biggest task).

For those raging and not giving any constructive feedback, I'm not forcing you to stay here, it's a free forum, if you don't like it, go somewhere else but a big thank-you for those helping out with giving feedback and testing things, I really appreciate it. [emoji4]

Well said Nick , nice one :)

Everyone expects a website and or internet to be a single click and its there right away.

if not you spam the mouse button many times to try and make it faster. thing is those commands have to go to the host, get asked then replied to.

problem is the host aka msuk has just had a server rebuild ( think of it as an OS upgrade ) from one software to a unpgraded version. some things cannot be exported into the new build of the software, so the host has to rebuild it all ( aka call this re-file everything or simple terms defrag all that data to usable filed chunks) and it has to do this Live when its running and accepting users and members. what you must remember is the forum is old in years its been around a good what 8-10yrs and that is a lot of data.

Yes its a pain in the rear, and it forces you to communicate with those other people, makes it a bit hard to get you machine working again and/or ask an important question or for advice, but the forum is up, YES you may find the forum throwing up 500 errors or the 400 errors buts thats due to the rebuilding and the added stress from other members already able to get the data connection accepted. 

i known nick and the forum a long time and this is the First major full update for a long time board wise, so it is like a new baby to nick and the guys.

even the moderators will have the same problems as the members, and they keep the forum on its rails to. again its a pain but these guys and girls are working hard to bring msuk back upto speed. 

Lets just thank nick and the crew that the site is up so fast, other sites were down for weeks because of this upgrade to the database and board msuk was down for 3 days and sometime intermitent connections but its still here and we are still here, yes there are some problems , but not as bad as it could have been so lets just all hang in there and let the server do its thang and get back upto working pace . getting the forum back to a nice new look and adjusting it is not like that 10 min tamiya kit build, its more like a 700 class nitro helicopter kit build.

When I log in I keep getting an error message and have to wait a while before logging in again is anyone else experiencing this also well said no one forces us to come on here if you don't like it don't use it but don't moan about iWERE NOT INTERESTED