• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Update

Nick

Morning guys,

Thanks a lot for the feedback I'll start working on them now! Together we can make this great.

I know the old saying of "why fix it if it isn't broken" but if we don't move forwards, we will have security issues. There are some improved and new features too which just makes it better to use. Change is never easy, I'm still trying to work around it too, you should see how different the Admin panel is, lol.

I'll keep you all updated on what changes I make today! Keep the suggestions coming.

Nick.

Just tried it on my iPad and can't view comments left in the Status Update area. If I try to click on any individual status update the whole status update area turns grey.

John

Works fine on my iPad, I just click on the replies and it takes me to the persons profile and I can see the replies on there

It appears as though every post that I did in the old forum which included pictures from 'my gallery' now does not have any pictures and just leaves the picture reference behind!  Do I have to go back and re-edit all my build posts to change the pictures to 'attachments'??

Works fine on my iPad, I just click on the replies and it takes me to the persons profile and I can see the replies on there

Just updated to iOS 9 and still the same problem. Clicking on the replies doesn't work so have to go to persons profile and check status. 

John

Edited by johninderby

Quick update, I'm a little slow trying to find my way around.

I made the white post background a light grey, so it's not as bright, is this better for everyone?

I've installed Tapatalk, this should now work, please could someone confirm as I don't have a phone (one of they joys being in Kenya is getting robbed :ack:)

It looks to me that every other thread is shaded, regardless of whether I've read it or not.

Only been on it for two minutes, first thing I've noticed is the difference between read and unread topics, the shading isn't vivid enough. 

Can you guys elaborate or screenshot where? I can't see it, maybe because the shade isn't obvious at all to me, lol.

After clicking 'submit reply' it takes about 30 seconds to save.

Server is under a lot of strain, still caching all the content which will take most of this week! The forum database is very large.

I've not been able to use forum since Friday on my phone or pc has there been issues ? It's also very slow on Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yep I think the site is having updates being carried out ???

I'm the say managed to post some thing today but as you said Tapatalk very slow

I would like to see a little more colour to the forum, help break things up a bit, I use iPad so not sure if it's same for everyone but feels like a rented property with wall to wall magnolia.....

needs a little more spice.

just my thoughts.

Hey guys, so the server is under a lot of load, this is from rebuilding the data on the forum which will take a LONG TIME - possibly a week or more. Until this is done, the forum will run slow and possibly have continued downtime.

I can only apologize for the inconvenience, our server could do with an update but it's expensive, I'm hoping once the data is rebuilt it is all back to normal.

Edited by Nick

Hey Nick ,

just oust out of interest how much is the hosting costing presently and how much would an upgrade be?

if we as a group can get someone a new car I'm sure we can all chip in to some better tin