• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your tank

Nick

Not sure if this thread is purely for pictures or a bit of discussion is allowed but just wondered where you got that Torro from AJ?

Looks really nice with the weathering (assuming you did that yourself?)

I've really got into the scale scene again now, might have to get a tank for the scale side of it.

Not sure if this thread is purely for pictures or a bit of discussion is allowed but just wondered where you got that Torro from AJ?

Looks really nice with the weathering (assuming you did that yourself?)

I've really got into the scale scene again now, might have to get a tank for the scale side of it.

From here mate

https://www.torro-shop.de

And yes I did the weather myself, just used Tamiya weathering pastels :)

This is my little Panzer III

Started out life as a bog standard PzIIIH, and is now an N model with short barrel 75mm. Also needed the early turret with the vision ports removed, as the N did not have spaced armour on the mantlet.  I have also added metal tracks, 4:1 steel gearboxes, recoil, barrel flash, new control board, revised smoke unit exiting through exhausts, proper track adjusters, 360' traverse on the turret, servo barrel elevation, proper folding antenna, and a bit of hull detailing. New spare track holders using actual tracks .... and probably some other stuff I can;t remember :)

I am currently painting here in dark yellow, to represent a Ausf N I have pictured in Tunisia.

The Ausf N was the last variant of the Panzer III, and used guns taken from the early model Panzer IVs when they were upgunned. They were used in the fire support role and were usually attached to heavy tank battalions to provide infantry support. The tanks were outclassed in tank-tank action by this point, and some N models were conversions from H on models returned for overhaul...though some were new builds.

• Like 1

Matorro M16 on the window sill (now in pieces in boxes) and my ebay bargain Tamiya KT :

Koenigstiger01DSCN2552_zps6b66e26c.jpg

Brass bits for overhauling the KT:

Koenigstiger01DSCN2556_zps08767fa6.jpg

Taigen Panther G yet to turn a track this year....forgotten how bloody nice it looks, lol!

PANTHERG6_zps8fe89909.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished painting my Taigen Tiger 1, (bought second hand as a Pantiger), no big deal, recoil and flash unit, metal tracks, when I get the money I'll get an IBU2.

1 small.jpg

2 small.jpg

3 small.jpg

Edited by LifeofBrian
  • Like 1

That looks cool on a beach it would look amazing. I saw a std heng long just painted to look real and it sold for around £300 im sure the kit was 100. If they increase like that just from paint damn.. I bet this would do well too. 

• 3 months later...