• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Buggy!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of an update on my Tekno EB48.3, it's now fully rtr, albeit with slightly different electrics, now a Max8 (instead of the XR8 Plus) and a TrackStar 4270 1900kv motor (instead of the HW 1900kv I wanted)

IMG_3528.JPG

I like my bodies looking clean and simple, so while I'm waiting for a new .4 body to paint up, de-stickered the existing body and wing.

IMG_3529.JPG

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i have secretly had this Xray XB808 since 2016, but i have never run it much because i ended up putting the electronics in my hyper ST. Over the past month I have stripped down and rebuilt it with properly, but i didnt go over the top with the power system. 

Specs:

Orion 4 pole 3670 2000KV motor which i had spare

Hobbyking Beast 120A 2-6S ESC

Savox 0231 waterproof servo

15T pin gear with 42T spur

Diffs oils are 30K -500K - 30K

I have replaced a load of o-rings, gaskets, cvd pins and loads of screws. 

I have had the clamp meter on to measure the current draw on 4s and it is using 84A at constant full speed with slow acceleration and bursting to about 107A, so i am thinking a 16 or 17T pinion will be fine. The motor is running 60-70c on grass under heavy loads, so i have the temperature headroom as well.    

I have not jumped it yet as the esc is only stuck down with servo tape and from previous experience with my flying skills it will need screwing or cable tying down :P I am also waiting on some rear shock parts too as the shocks were kind of bodged together at the back.  

I am still waiting on a few parts, but i have got it up and running and it is running well

IMG_20180807_211028.jpg

IMG_20180807_210950_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180809_004601.jpg

IMG_20180811_171910.jpg

IMG_20180814_190855.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bertberr said:

did you buy the dogbone pins pre cut or just cut up some 3mm bar?

I bought the hudy dogbone pins you get a 10 pack for just under £5 and they should last a fair while, even though they are known to wear out. Got a tool to take them out and put new ones in from @Candyman and that works really well. 

Edited by Jumper
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...