• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

51 minutes ago, Guns said:

Ive done Birmingham to Edinburgh and back a few times which is 600 odd miles on £60 tank in a Scirocco Diesel? My best on a run is 770miles to a brimmed tank.  Hybrids Id have thought were 120mpg plus. However if thats 850 miles round town in short journey’s its impressive. 

Our MK5 Golf Diesel gets around 105 miles for every £10 in the tank, that's at £1.35.9/L as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, steephill said:

What motor is in the metro?

5 minutes ago, stupar said:

It started life as a 1.1L but i am going to hedge my bets and say its got a 1.8VVC engine under the hood.

I will be gutted if it hasn't had an engine replacement

Not wanting to hi-jack @heavyleftthumb, yes it has a vvc lump in it, can’t remember if it’s a 1.6 or 1.8 though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steephill said:

it was advertised as a 1800 vvc. but as a weird small world i know the person who did the conversion. its the 1600 twin solid cam version much more robust. it has had a whole host of work done on it.

upgraded cams, upgraded injectors, decatted, ecu remapped, induction kit, upgraded throttle  body, upgraded fuel pump, high pressure fuel regulator. dont worry brakes have been upgraded, to vented discs. bigger calipers. all hydrogas units have been individualised and regassed and shorted. then repressurised more then needed to gain ride. battery has been relocated to boot.

22 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Ooh, hope you gonna chuck me the keys mate :whistling:

sure man help your self.

21 hours ago, steephill said:

see above haha

9 hours ago, stupar said:

It started life as a 1.1L but i am going to hedge my bets and say its got a 1.8VVC engine under the hood.

I will be gutted if it hasn't had an engine replacement

dont be gutted, see above VVC are good but they are picky how long they are good for

4 hours ago, tolk83 said:

That must be hilarious to drive! There's a company that does turn key conversions for that exact same thing. Pull up with the engine in the boot, drive off in a rocket ship!

its not that hard tbh, I have near enough done another conversion on my red one. to a 1.8.   going from 1.1 to 1.8 is a pretty simple conversion. drop me a pm if you require any info but the conversion to VVC or similar is slightly more involved as the engine has to be sliced and re wired to match. but there are a few people who do looms on an exchange basic.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2018 at 20:20, heavyleftthumb said:

purchased me a little pressy for my 40th......midlife crisis car lol.

oh my lord is she quick for a little car......love old metros

DSC_2474.JPG

Only ever drove one Metro. An ex had a nice L reg Tahiti 1.1. She let me drive it the day my 'G' reg Astra 1.3 got stolen. I picked this thing up by the scruff of the neck and threw it down the road, including taking a humpback bridge at the same speed I used to take it in the 'Stra. Damn thing flew. We got to my Mums place and my gf looked at me and said meekly "I didn't know it could be driven like that!". I was surprised it still had wheels on it ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Mr_S said:

Here's one of my (not so) little toys. 1997 Chevy Suburban, I fitted a 7 inch lift and 315/75/16 (approx 35" diameter) tyres. Powered by a small block 5.7 V8 and it's a barrel load of fun. Seats 8 in comfort and still has a massive boot. Or if you lay the seats flat, you can put 8x4 sheets in the back :D  Does 16mpg on a run if you are gentle with your right foot....

30695393017_8b34dd63d6_k.jpg

Plus not many people are gonna argue with you going by the size comparison with the other cars ?

9 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Plus not many people are gonna argue with you going by the size comparison with the other cars ?

You'd be surprised how many people still don't blooming well see it! lol

I've also got an older (1975) Chevy K5 Blazer in the back of the garage that's bigger than this one (albeit not as long). I'm 6'2" and the bonnet comes to my shoulder....  Undergoing lots of work at the minute, so no pics until it's done :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr_S said:

You'd be surprised how many people still don't blooming well see it! lol

I've also got an older (1975) Chevy K5 Blazer in the back of the garage that's bigger than this one (albeit not as long). I'm 6'2" and the bonnet comes to my shoulder....  Undergoing lots of work at the minute, so no pics until it's done :D

? there's a couple of yank tanks round my way every time I see one I can't get over just how big they are compered to European cars ?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, steephill said:

How much horsepower and torque did it make? 

320HP and 292lb ft. peak power is at 6750rpm and toque at 5500rpm :D 

• Thanks 1