• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Had my very first shot at thrashing around a petrol RC, and put the damn thing in the local river no less, and lost it.  Thankfully it wasn't my RC, so I didn't lose a lot of money as the bloody thing sank.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Certainly a nice kit :good:

aye deffo good to build, i have had to work out what some of the symbols mean as their a lot more japanese than a tamiya, but easy enough 🙂

oh just bought these to help with the decals 🙂  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y2D44YV/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

• Like 1

On 14/07/2023 at 23:58, Yrkoon said:

technically yesterday but i made progress on the gundam model 🙂

HHcL8BE.jpg

DqkQk35.jpg

really nice kits to build im enjoying them and got another one for after this one, gotta build the shield and gun next i think and then the massive booster pack 🙂

got some tamiya sprue cutters coming later today and gonna buy some fine tip model tweezers for the transfers 🙂

Nice to see someone else Into Gundam models, those real grade kits are one of my favourite, perfect amount of movement and detail over the high grade models. Have you tried a master grade or perfect grade yet? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tanveer said:

Nice to see someone else Into Gundam models, those real grade kits are one of my favourite, perfect amount of movement and detail over the high grade models. Have you tried a master grade or perfect grade yet? 

Not yet but probably will at some point once i finish this and the other RG one i got as well 🙂

• Like 2

Got out early with it which was nice as it has been quite a few weeks since I did any RC.   Local woodland has a few jumps which I assume are thanks to some keen mountain bikers.  I am still not great at air control but it came back with 0 breakages so a success in my book. 

Oh I can only jump left to right as well for some reason and right to left jumps are a big nope 🤣

PXL_20230722_091437612~2.jpg

• Like 3

Started looking at getting into bashing again with a Hyper SSTe, only to randomly order a Tamiya Scania 770s instead lol.

Been wanting one of these trucks ever since i first saw one around 15 years back. It’s going to be a good while before I start the build as i still need to gather everything together, already got my eyes on a set of wheels, i’ve got a good idea of what electronics i want for it, but will do a bit more research for the light/sound unit.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Often way it happens lol

Looking forward to a build thread on it :good:

I shall not disappoint, a full build thread is imminent. 

Having wanted one so badly for so long, i’m going to be doing the most in-depth research i’ve ever done for an rc project, this will be done right and exactly as I’ve envisaged - apart from the paint - that seems to be changing every few minutes lol

• Haha 1