• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Sold it 😁, the mauler i got last week, swapped the wheels and tyres off it, used the flysky gt3c on another one, sold it to a lad at the club for what i paid for it, hes happy, im happy , so win win, ☺️

4 minutes ago, stupar said:

You can't buy this model, it's custom built by me (albeit using parts available to buy).

Awesome build mate.

Thought i hadn't seen anything like it before, would look great with a 1/10 kamtek banger on the back.

swiss

• Like 1

Had another mixed bag of things today on the bad/expected side the clone bruiser sowed its cheapness as the king pin thing has rounded the threads in the axle 🙄 as I was putting the servo relocation kit on so I’ll be doing my first AliExpress order for a stock up of parts 👍 I’m not complaining about it I was fully expecting it as it’s a cheap clone was hoping to have used it first though 🤣 

on the good side run the stampede on 2s and much better than 3s motor still gets hot but will put the fan I have on for next time and the f150 body took a beating and has no damage 😁 and had a blast with the clodbuster hade the most fun with that getting quiet good at wheelies 😁

On 18/06/2023 at 13:14, RC4WD fan said:

Had another mixed bag of things today on the bad/expected side the clone bruiser sowed its cheapness as the king pin thing has rounded the threads in the axle 🙄 as I was putting the servo relocation kit on so I’ll be doing my first AliExpress order for a stock up of parts 👍 I’m not complaining about it I was fully expecting it as it’s a cheap clone was hoping to have used it first though 🤣 

on the good side run the stampede on 2s and much better than 3s motor still gets hot but will put the fan I have on for next time and the f150 body took a beating and has no damage 😁 and had a blast with the clodbuster hade the most fun with that getting quiet good at wheelies 😁

Maybe gear the Stampede  down?, Im sure I geared up for winter the 2 times I used it haha. Theyre so much better on 2S IMO

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Maybe gear the Stampede  down?, Im sure I geared up for winter the 2 times I used it haha. Theyre so much better on 2S IMO

Don’t know if this would make much difference but the striped spur gear was a 54t but the new/replacement spur is 52t would that really make that much of a difference to the motor temps ?

Edited by RC4WD fan

19 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Don’t know if this would make much difference but the striped spur gear was a 54t but the new/replacement spur is 52t would that really make that much of a difference to the motor temps ?

Two teeth on a spur, no. Two teeth on a pinion, yes. 👍

• Like 1

Been super busy lately, but I just geared the TT02 up, lets try and hit 30mph brushed. If not, ill go brushless haha.

Also, need to cut the chassis cover out 🙂

dIF8Sh6.jpeg

So thats this evenings plan

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

On 21/06/2023 at 11:56, Kpowell911 said:

Took the TT02R out. Geared up 5 teeth on the pinion. 

Hobbywing 1060 ESC, Tamiya RZ SuperStock brushed motor, 2S Lipo. 

AjITDEW.jpeg

I hit 30 mph. I then turned my steering dual rate down and it felt easier to control. However, I think id already drained the lipo, so I didnt beat 30mph. Im on rally blocks too which doesnt help. 

wXSSpKm.png

In 2023, 30mph isnt impressive with 50-60mph+ plastered all over the box of RTRs, but I think thats quite good for a brushed Tamiya. Its also amazing that gearing up can a 5 mph increase, especially in terms of percentages. 

Now in terms of whats next? I have a few brushless systems I can try, including a brand new Hobbywing Max 10 G2 Sensored combo Ive not used yet, so I could try that, or is there a more powerful Tamiya Brushed motor I could try? Hmmm

Great start, a record is a record, the slower the first record the faster your next pb will be 🙂
Talking of speed runs.
20230624_212433.jpg

Geared the DR10 to the moon, using the hpi rs4 stock spur and highspeed pinion 😄 poor thing wont launch by itself its geared so high, saftey feature.
It wont run away from you, just melt on the start line 😂

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1